Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2020 1:04:43 AM EDT
I'm looking to sell my Condor MOPC to a buddy and buy a similarly cheap carrier for my cheap Botach plates. The MOPC is needlessly huge since it's designed to be compatible with almost anything anyone might want to put on a plate carrier. The plate pockets have loads of room to fit BALCS cut soft armor as well as pretty much every possible plate shape and size in existence. I don't need all that, I just want something that snugly fits my 9.5"x11.5" plates, has pockets in the cumberbund for soft 6x6 panels, and preferably has a kangaroo pouch.

The battle steel carrier with cumberbund seems to be exactly what I want as far as I can initially tell. Problem is that I can't find any reviews on it. I've found nothing about it on YouTube, google searches, or with ARFCOM's search function. I'd just like to verify from someone who owns one that it fits battle steel's 10x12 plates snugly and that it doesn't have any glaring problems, before I go dropping fifty bucks on one.

For reference, this is what I'm talking about:
https://botach.com/battle-steel-plate-carrier-w-removable-cummerbund/

"Stop buying cheap chinese junk, buy once cry once"
Yes, I know. One day when I have my engineering degree and am a super cool engineer making $60,000 a year I'll buy an LBT-6094 and a pair of Hesco 3810s.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:24:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Never had any luck getting anything from them aholes, so I stopped shopping there.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:17:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm looking to sell my Condor MOPC to a buddy and buy a similarly cheap carrier for my cheap Botach plates. The MOPC is needlessly huge since it's designed to be compatible with almost anything anyone might want to put on a plate carrier. The plate pockets have loads of room to fit BALCS cut soft armor as well as pretty much every possible plate shape and size in existence. I don't need all that, I just want something that snugly fits my 9.5"x11.5" plates, has pockets in the cumberbund for soft 6x6 panels, and preferably has a kangaroo pouch.

The battle steel carrier with cumberbund seems to be exactly what I want as far as I can initially tell. Problem is that I can't find any reviews on it. I've found nothing about it on YouTube, google searches, or with ARFCOM's search function. I'd just like to verify from someone who owns one that it fits battle steel's 10x12 plates snugly and that it doesn't have any glaring problems, before I go dropping fifty bucks on one.

For reference, this is what I'm talking about:
https://botach.com/battle-steel-plate-carrier-w-removable-cummerbund/
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-9j9zreeu/images/stencil/608x608/products/63807/198397/Shield_Carrier_CAMO__16540.1591055260.png?c=2

"Stop buying cheap chinese junk, buy once cry once"
Yes, I know. One day when I have my engineering degree and am a super cool engineer making $60,000 a year I'll buy an LBT-6094 and a pair of Hesco 3810s.
View Quote

Only 60k a year still makes you an ARFCOM poor.

In all seriousness, the Battle Steel carrier looks almost just like the Condor MOPC. Might even be made in the same place.

Good luck in your search.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 10:07:53 AM EDT
[#3]
At that price, buy it/try it.
If you don't like it you shouldn't have any trouble selling it locally for what you paid for it (ask me how I know).

Tomac
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top