Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2021 3:50:33 PM EDT
They've been all over the gun mags (often right next to an add about them - strange).

Anyone own one yet?  Like / dislikes?

Looks like a nice rifle.  Not cheap at first glace at 2200 ish or so, but seems to have everything you need for an accurate rifle that's not a boat anchor.

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:59:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Played with one at the PSA Gathering, seemed smooth and solid but nothing super-duper special.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#2]
It looks like an interesting rifle  with a lot of features. But the barrel is an interesting choice. It looks fluted under the carbon but the carbon still looks round. So possibly a carbon sleeve under tension? The 90° bolt throw is meh, wish it was 70° but it's not a deal breaker. What is is that it is from Springfield. But with the remington 700 part compatibility and decent features for the money, as long as their are no major QC issues it should sell pretty well. Probably should offer a model that has a plain unfluted steel barrel at a lower price in the future.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#3]
The cartridge selection, or lack thereof, kills it for me.

If they chambered it in a decent 7mm (REM Mag or SAUM), or in a good thirty cal offering (I’d prefer a WSM or PRC since I have a good Win Mag Bergara) I’d have one already.

I don’t love the AICS Mag system either unless mag length gets me to the lands so I can back off

I’m hoping this evolves to incorporate more hunting calibers and a standard bottom metal configuration.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Springfield 2020 Waypoint: Easily the best rifle in its class

A bit more info for people in this video.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top