Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2019 7:58:51 AM EDT
I've owned my CZ 550 Varmint in .308 for around 9 years now.  It's a super accurate rifle, more accurate than I can shoot. The adjustable set trigger on it is awesome.....

With my reloads I've worked up...I can get consistent 5-shot groups under 3/8" all day long at 100yds......and it's not uncommon to get some groups that are 1/4" or under if I'm really shooting good that day.

Anyone else have a CZ 550? I would bet to say that it's one of the most accurate out of the box rifles I've ever shot.

...not my rifle, but it looks just like this.

Link Posted: 7/3/2019 8:20:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting, what glass do you have on it? How far out have you taken it? Past 300?
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 10:21:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting, what glass do you have on it? How far out have you taken it? Past 300?
View Quote
I have a Burris Full-Field II on it. I think it goes up to 20x zoom if I remember right. It's a decent for a $500 scope. I've gone out to 300yds with it...but that's it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 11:17:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to have a CZ 550 Varmint with the synthetic stock in .308. Great rifle, but I just never used it and sold it off a few years ago.

Still have my 550 American in .243 though. It was my deer gun for many years; very accurate rifle. These days I'm more focused on the 527 mini-Mausers.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had one for many years.  Came with a Springfield 30mm tube scope on it with their BDC in it.  Good enough for what I've done so far, but have only fired out to about 500 with it a few times.  Mine wears the original wood stock however.  During the time I've had it I picked up several extra mags, including the 10 round mags for the 700 model.  Have not really wrung it out, but it makes a good bull gun from what I've seen so far.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 12:07:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep, I had one that was a sub-MOA shooter.  The CZ mauser action rifles have excellent accuracy.  Hell, their safari rifles are sub-MOA.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 8:37:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I bought a 550 American back in late '06 in 9.3x62 Mauser take to Idaho elk hunting in '07...great rifle..set trigger at about 14 or so ounces...since this caliber is OK for dangerous game in Africa (most places as it was grandfathered in...) it came with a great recoil reducer from the factory...(Pach. De-cellerator...Sp?). Shrps74
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:07:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Just walked in to this thread looking for a synthetic stock for my cz550 in 308.  So just to add to the conversation, my 550 is the most accurate rifle I have had out of the box. The trigger is amazing, it balances well (albeit on the heavy side). This thing shoots laser beams with the IOR glass I have on it.  I routinely fire black hills 168 GR  hpbt loads out of it and get almost always (unless I’m not paying attention to my breathing) half inch shot groups at 100.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:25:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top