Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2022 9:10:56 PM EDT
I have a spare 500 just laying around that I bought as a cheap project gun.

I was considering doing an SBS with a Mossberg 500, but it looks like the shortest I can go is about 14" with the factory mag tube/forend.  4" shorter isn't really attractive enough for me to spend $200.

Anyone know of aftermarket kits that have a shorter mag tube/forend assembly and barrel?

I've seen the Serbu 500's, but looking for something more along the lines of a Remington 870 MCS barrel/magtube length.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:58:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Love...to...know...this...myself....
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 10:23:34 PM EDT
[#2]
You can get a torch (Mapp gas) and de-solder the lug on the mossberg barrel and move it further back and re-attach with Brownells silver solder.

You cut the mag tube, liberate the end plug from the cut mag tube section and re attach it to the shortened mag tube at the desired length.

The plug  It can be soldered back in the open front end of the newly cut mag or you could weld it too as its steel.

Your then left with the pump handle and extension, you can shorten it, wood works better for cutting and reshaping.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 6:48:02 PM EDT
[#3]
We can't buy the mossberg factory short ( 11 and 9.5"?) barrels?

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 7:48:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Watch gunbroker
Kits pop up every once  in awhile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top