Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2022 3:03:55 AM EDT

So, my normal 9mm bullet is a 147 grain flat point, loaded with Silhouette. Hi-tek coated from either Missouri, SNS, or Bayou.

While this bullet works great in my CZ and Argie hi-power, it doesn't feed well in the wife's 1911.

Was thinking about trying Bayou's 135 grain round nose. That would make minor at 950 fps. Data looks pretty sparse for this bullet weight though. Anyone use it? (or a 135 grain coated bullet from another vendor)

Hodgdon's online manual lists 13 powders, several of which I have never heard of nor seen, but I do have

H. Universal
W231
WSF

I'd lean towards Universal since I have quite a bit of it, and I'd rather save the W231 for my .45 Major loads.

Thoughts?  Input?
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Hodgdons shows data for 9mm 135 gr using Universal, WSF, 231 plus others, but with Acme RN. There are many, many different bullet designs for every caliber and bullet weight. I suggest you start with the starting loads for the bullet and work up or down until you get what you're looking for. My primary 9mm cast bullet is the 135 gr. 9mm Ranch Dog, which I cast myself. I primarily use Alliant powders, and am working my way through 8 lbs of Promo, so I don't have specific information for your combination, but there recommended starting and max loads listed for that bullet weight.

Link Posted: 9/11/2022 12:23:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Nobody is shooting 135 grain for Minor Power Factor?

Ordered a box of 500 to try.  Will start with H. Universal and see what I can get.  Only need 960 fps to be comfortably over 125 power factor.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:21:52 AM EDT
[#3]
i   have shot around 5k 135 blue bullet TC bullets out of various guns in USPSA .  loaded them to around 132 pf and they were a laser. i could definately see a difference in accuracy compared to other bullets i have shot.   they needed to be loaded a little shorter than normal ,but they have fed in every 9mm i have .    

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I use the 135gr bayou bullets for gun games.
Work great with titegroup.
Mouse fart loads.
Somewhere around 3.5gr if memory serves me.
I've shot several 10k of that load with good results.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:02:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nobody is shooting 135 grain for Minor Power Factor?

Ordered a box of 500 to try.  Will start with H. Universal and see what I can get.  Only need 960 fps to be comfortably over 125 power factor.
View Quote

I do/did. I’m using N320 however, I believe 3.5 grains. It’s been a while since I’ve been to a chrono but there’s enough info on the Enos forum to make me comfortable with what I have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top