Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2018 11:42:20 PM EDT
I am not much of a Lever Gun guy.....but a couple decades ago, I handled a Winchester 71 in .348WCF and damn if I didn't fall in love with it.

I have always wanted a 71 but really didn't want to get into any oddball calibers...as much as I really enjoyed that .348.  .44 AMP is as exotic as I go.

Anyhow, over the years I have avoided the Winchester and Browning 71 repros for the reason of caliber.

A few years ago, probably 10, Pedersoli started making 71s in a few calibers including .444 Marlin and .45/70 AND even .348 WCF.

The early guns suffered some feed issues, but over the years they seem to have overcome that.

I just put a .45/70 Premier Grade on layaway the other day after gawking at it at the Sportsman's Warehouse for well over a year.  It started at 2400 bucks and has been dropping ever since.  It hit about 1440 bucks the other day and I could not bear to see anyone else have it.  People kept passing it up because there is a very repairable chip in the finish ( not the wood, just the finish ) and apparently people think that affects how it shoots.  LOL....my guns get scratched, whether I like it or not....so I figured I now have the scratch out of the way.

I know many of their Sharps guns are very well respected....and I plan on getting an Old West Maple in the near future.

So, here is what I have on layaway:

Anyone else into ANY of the Pedersoli guns?  What do you think of them?
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 11:49:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I kinda want the howda
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 12:12:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I would love the Tatham and Egg flintlock.....that is some steampunkish cool, right there.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 3:25:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I have several Pedersoli muzzleloaders.
1861 Springfield, 1777 Charleville, two flintlock pistols.
Very well made. Solid as a rock.
Only beef is the flash hole on a couple of the flintlocks aren’t correctly placed.
Can not speak on the cartridge guns.
IMO Pedersoli guns are good to go.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have several Pedersoli muzzleloaders.
1861 Springfield, 1777 Charleville, two flintlock pistols.
Very well made. Solid as a rock.
Only beef is the flash hole on a couple of the flintlocks aren't correctly placed.
Can not speak on the cartridge guns.
IMO Pedersoli guns are good to go.
View Quote
This warms my little heart.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 6:15:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File

My pre war deluxe 71
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 9:08:00 AM EDT
[#6]
OMG! What a doll!  I love it!
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I really want an 1861 Springfield but have other stuff ahead of it on my priority list.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I had the Howdah with the detachable stock, loved it. I had to replace the nipples with different ones because the pin holes were too small and the powder wasn't getting ignition.
It was a real hoot with .60 cal balls.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Glad to see everyone enjoying their respective guns.

After I get this 71 paid up I am going balls out for a Sharps.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 10:52:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm really liking the Quigley, but I have a couple of other guns to acquire first.
In fact, I'm still waiting on the Automag I ordered at SHOT with a promised 60 day delivery
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm really liking the Quigley, but I have a couple of other guns to acquire first.
In fact, I'm still waiting on the Automag I ordered at SHOT with a promised 60 day delivery
View Quote
The AutoMags are getting close.  There's a group of folks working realllllly darn hard to get them finished up.  It' s going to be worth the wait if my gun is any indicator.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I predict a lot of Pedersoli in my future. But going to stick to my plan and buy modern guns until Democrats win the White House and Congress.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 9:32:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I predict a lot of Pedersoli in my future. But going to stick to my plan and buy modern guns until Democrats win the White House and Congress.
View Quote
I've spent the last five years getting myself squared away on that front.  Now it's time to get back to what I truly enjoy: classics!
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 12:01:16 AM EDT
[#14]
I picked up the Monster Moose tonight.  I'll get some pics this weekend!
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 12:24:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 8:46:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey guys.....on old lever guns with side mounted peep sights.

Were those Williams sights?  Looks like my receiver is drilled and tapped for them.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hey guys.....on old lever guns with side mounted peep sights.

Were those Williams sights?  Looks like my receiver is drilled and tapped for them.
View Quote
My 1895 has a Lyman side mounted sight, my William's sighted rifles mount to the side but different than the Lyman. Pics of your holes?
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

My 1895 has a Lyman side mounted sight, my William's sighted rifles mount to the side but different than the Lyman. Pics of your holes?
View Quote
Pics and measurements coming soon.  I have some stuff I have to take care of first....but wanna get pics up tonight.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 9:21:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Here she be!  This gun has spent over 3 years sitting on the shelf, slowly drifting down in price...being fondled, scratch, racked, dinged...but never bought....which caused the price to drop further and further.

I like a pretty gun....heck, I LOVE a pretty gun.  At the end of the day, though, I have zero use for a gun I won't shoot and I have zero use for a safe queen.  I ran some snap caps through it last night and everything was reallllly smooth....I can't wait to run it for real!!!!

Note the .400" spacing on the sight mount holes....anyone know what peep sight I need to look for?

Thanks for keeping this thread going guys!  I really appreciate it!!!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 11:21:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Wow!
She is a real beauty!  
I bet she is a sweet shooter too!  You'll have to ring some steel someday!
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Wow!
She is a real beauty!  
I bet she is a sweet shooter too!  You'll have to ring some steel someday!
View Quote
I am hoping to get out in the next few weeks.....fingers crossed!!!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:30:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/23042/M_71___1_-_WEB-636610.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/23042/M71__2_-_WEB-636611.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/23042/M_71__3_Sight_Spacing_-_WEB-636614.jpg

Here she be!  This gun has spent over 3 years sitting on the shelf, slowly drifting down in price...being fondled, scratch, racked, dinged...but never bought....which caused the price to drop further and further.

I like a pretty gun....heck, I LOVE a pretty gun.  At the end of the day, though, I have zero use for a gun I won't shoot and I have zero use for a safe queen.  I ran some snap caps through it last night and everything was reallllly smooth....I can't wait to run it for real!!!!

Note the .400" spacing on the sight mount holes....anyone know what peep sight I need to look for?

Thanks for keeping this thread going guys!  I really appreciate it!!!!
View Quote
I am thinking a marbles sight but I will double check hole spacing
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 1:10:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I am thinking a marbles sight but I will double check hole spacing
View Quote
Thank you, Sir!!!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 4:44:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Does anyone know a US contact email and/or phone for Pedersoli?  I need some replacement screws and have some questions about a gun they import.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I kinda want the howda
View Quote
Yeah, I've looked at the repro Auto/Burglar gun in .45/.410
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Does anyone know a US contact email and/or phone for Pedersoli?  I need some replacement screws and have some questions about a gun they import.
View Quote
I have the same exact questions.  I think Cimarron and/or Taylor would be our best bet.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:29:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Wow! That is really nice!
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:48:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Wow! That is really nice!
View Quote
I've had a chance to oil up and work the action a bit and it smoothed up FAST.  It's like glass now!
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:24:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Call Italian firearms group in Texas
Cheapest place for parts as they are the importer
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 12:01:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top