Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2020 11:54:48 AM EDT
Recently received a used MREX MkII. While there's a MkI install video online, I can't seem to find any instructions on mounting the MkII, since KDG indicates there are some differences in procedures. Disassembling the barrel/upper receiver group was no issue for me though.

Is the upper bridge that runs between the OEM picatinny side rails supposed to be removed completely or secured in some fashion? It seems the square nuts aren't needed anymore, as is the case on the Mk1.

Also, how many KDG screws is the MkII supposed to come with? For some reason I only got 2 (one short, one long), and I know the FN OEM lower handguard screw is too long for the KDG lower handguard bridge. My hardware didn't come with any buffers, and the torx screws that go into the side pic rails are countersunk - don't see how they'd secure the rail to the receiver.

Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know about the MK2, but the MK1 was fairly simple, once I got the factory Scar Torx bolts out. They were a bear. You'll definitely want to use a small torch to heat them up. I had one of those small butane torches. The first one was the most difficult as I was tentative as to applying too much heat, but once you get the feel of the first one, in terms of duration, the rest come out pretty easy. I actually buggered up the first one, but extra bolts had come with the MREX. Good luck, you'll be glad you installed one.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 2:36:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't know about the MK2, but the MK1 was fairly simple, once I got the factory Scar Torx bolts out. They were a bear. You'll definitely want to use a small torch to heat them up. I had one of those small butane torches. The first one was the most difficult as I was tentative as to applying too much heat, but once you get the feel of the first one, in terms of duration, the rest come out pretty easy. I actually buggered up the first one, but extra bolts had come with the MREX. Good luck, you'll be glad you installed one.
View Quote

Yeah, that worked. I actually used a kitchen torch to take care of the threadlocker. Fortunately nothing stripped in the process.

Apparently the guy that sent me this thing took the bridge out of the handguard, even though that's not supposed to be done, and doesn't look like he included the three screws that secured it... this will be fun.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I just finished installing a Mk II and also have a Mk I. The Mk II was simple to install. The rail comes with the lower bridge installed and don’t need to mess with it. The upper bridge and square nuts in the receiver aren’t needed anymore. Once you affix the rail to the barrel extension with the T25 screw (62 in/lb), there are just two screws on the side to help secure the rail to the upper. I think these smaller screws are T20 (50 in/lb). Contact KDG... they’re good about sending screws.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just finished installing a Mk II and also have a Mk I. The Mk II was simple to install. The rail comes with the lower bridge installed and don’t need to mess with it. The upper bridge and square nuts in the receiver aren’t needed anymore. Once you affix the rail to the barrel extension with the T25 screw (62 in/lb), there are just two screws on the side to help secure the rail to the upper. I think these smaller screws are T20 (50 in/lb). Contact KDG... they’re good about sending screws.
View Quote

Yeah, I asked them if their hardware kits were expected to be in stock. Haven't gotten an affirmative on that.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I was second guessing myself at first when I got my MkII, since my Midwest Industries extension required that extra step and the MkII didn't. Once I RTFM, I figured it out. Very happy with it though, even though it's adding a 7th shade of FDE to my SCAR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top