Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2022 1:35:57 AM EDT
Was at the Queen Creek Arizona gun show this weekend and saw these form1 guys. Said tubes are grade 5 Ti and grade 9 cups with 17-4 spacers. Comes with a whole kit minus the drill bit you want. Seems kinda crazy with what’s been going on. Also kind of doubt the 338 LM and 408cheytac claims. Prices seem high too. You could get a dead air mask for the price of their 22 kit.

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:11:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't, but since you mentioned the price I would just form 4 a manufactured can. With all of the ATF bullshit surrounding form 1s over the past few months I wouldn't even consider a form 1 kit can.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:46:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Taking
-the price of the kit
-the aft drama over form 1 suppressors
-the recent return times for efile form 4s

All into consideration, walking away from things like this is a no- brainer.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 10:35:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Agreed. With those prices your better getting a form4 can with a Warranty. I’ve just never heard of these guys so I thought I’d ask here. I have 4 cans pending efile form4 right now so hope your right about the speed thing.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 11:14:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Those guys will be raided shortly.   That, or they already were and their inventory was used to set up a sting.

Excepting for the odd deal Quietbore worked out for a time (which is now kaput), it has always been illegal to sell silencer parts or kits to non-SOTs without a F4 transfer.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those guys will be raided shortly.   That, or they already were and their inventory was used to set up a sting.

Excepting for the odd deal Quietbore worked out for a time (which is now kaput), it has always been illegal to sell silencer parts or kits to non-SOTs without a F4 transfer.
View Quote

Haha I was thinking sting when talking to them. They didn’t seem to knowledgeable on the material used.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 3:09:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Haha I was thinking sting when talking to them. They didn’t seem to knowledgeable on the material used.
View Quote

Seems pretty red flag-y
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:29:36 PM EDT
[#7]
That is an interesting design.  I wonder how well it all worked.

Their domain was only registered in early January.  Looks like they added this warning to their site a few days ago... I'd say they realized they missed the party on this product

Updated March 10th, 2022
Warning! MUST Read!
It appears that the ATF may no longer allow you to legally make and register a Do-It-Yourself Suppressor from a Kit Using an ATF Form 1 application.  We will wait for further information and guidance from the ATF.  But, it appears that your ATF Form 1 application to make a silencer may now be rejected unless you are building it from raw materials.  Form 1 Z will not leave our customers hanging.  We will accept all return requests for Suppressor Kits in original condition.  Further, we keep no customer records, and would never give your information to anyone even if we did.  We will meet every commitment we have made to every customer.  But, we expect to stop taking new orders for Form 1 Z products in the next few weeks, or as soon as we get clarification.  - Zee.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#8]
This is why we cant have nice things.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is why we cant have nice things.
View Quote

This ain't even bad. Last weekend I was at a big Redneck Show at the fairgrounds that had something similar plus oil filter adapters and Fram oil filters on the table.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#10]
It appears that the ATF may no longer allow you to legally make and register a Do-It-Yourself Suppressor from a Kit Using an ATF Form 1 application.
View Quote

It appears these guys never understood the law, and why the things guys used to build cans were sold as something else and ostensibly useful for multiple purposes.

Idiots.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#11]
“Spec ops”

Lol
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 8:27:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Since your an SOT. Buy one and let us know.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:Since your an SOT. Buy one and let us know.
View Quote

Still be illegal unless the guys making the kit also have an SOT (which I highly doubt) and do a legal transfer.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 12:39:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Had to Google grade 5 titanium. Never heard of it. Says also known as 6-4 which I have worked with.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:31:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Everything about that is a big ol bag of WTF.

"Spec Ops".

"Military Grade" but only rated for a mag dump on auto.

They're direct thread, unfinished silencers. But they still cost more than finished ones. And chambered for "Cheytac". Insert JLaw okay.gif here.

Smells to me like a perfect ATF trap. Some dumb bastard is gonna get an earfull about how you just gotta file this form, drill this to this diameter, and bam. Youre in business.

Then he gets a knock on his door and all his dogs are mysteriously quiet.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:09:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
“Spec ops”

Lol
View Quote

Exactly my reaction.

Add in "USA Military Grade Performance" immediately followed by "full auto rated for 50 rounds" and it goes full derp really fast.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:17:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I seen them at one of the Phoenix shows awhile back. I was talking to who I am thinking was the owner about making a version with QD mounts and he just laughed saying they were not as efficient as direct thread or something to that effect and that he would never make a QD version. For a rifle rated can that is going to get moved across a couple different platforms, I'll take a little bit less efficient over being able to just twist and swap as needed. Hard pass..

Link Posted: 7/24/2022 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I seen them at one of the Phoenix shows awhile back. I was talking to who I am thinking was the owner about making a version with QD mounts and he just laughed saying they were not as efficient as direct thread or something to that effect and that he would never make a QD version. For a rifle rated can that is going to get moved across a couple different platforms, I'll take a little bit less efficient over being able to just twist and swap as needed. Hard pass..

View Quote

They offer tubes with standard ASR rear threads for whatever QD mechanism you like
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top