Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2021 7:29:17 PM EDT
https://www.armsunlimited.com/Ops-Core-FAST-SX-Ballistic-IIIA-Helmet-p/opscorefast-sx.htm

They have it on sale apparently:  

Price: $1,495.00
SALE: $750.00

Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#1]
3.2lbs for medium is pretty heavy
Sub 3 is better
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like the best deal I've ever seen on an ops core.

Obviously a few more hundred will get you a lighter helmet, and weight makes a big difference in helmets. But for the price, this is great imo. American made, unquestionable quality.

For those unaware, this is the predecessor to the LE model. This helmet is discontinued so they're flushing out the old model.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 12:26:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunately it's sold out. But they had this one that is a smidge cheaper and a lot lighterweight. But priced that way because it wasn't as tacti-cool being a mid-cut.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Ops-Core-Sentry-Ballistic-IIIA-Helmet-p/opscoresentry.htm
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I got one. Sizing seems a bit off.

Large bump fits perfect, large SX is barely large enough after all harness adjustments.

Otherwise good helmet.

If you’re on the edge, I would size up and get 4D pads
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Large bump fits perfect, large SX is barely large enough after all harness adjustments.

Otherwise good helmet.

View Quote

I’m reading all the responses.  Thank you.  I’m in for one.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 11:00:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Love the one I bought. Just got it all set up with Agilite cover and rear pouch. Peltor Comtacs, g24 mount. All I need now is my DTNVS
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 8:19:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Back in stock! I don't need one or I'd be in for one!
I am looking for a G-24 though at a good price
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 7:08:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Back in stock! I don't need one or I'd be in for one!
I am looking for a G-24 though at a good price
View Quote

Here's where I bought mine, $430 and it's the new ones with the longer arm. https://www.koshersurplus.com/product/wilcox-g24-breakaway-nightvision-mount/
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 12:23:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Otherwise good helmet.

View Quote

So they run small?
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 6:24:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Here's where I bought mine, $430 and it's the new ones with the longer arm. https://www.koshersurplus.com/product/wilcox-g24-breakaway-nightvision-mount/
View Quote

Thanks for the link, just ordered one!
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#12]
How does this compare to the xp or st? I can’t find any information on this sx? My apologies if it’s a dumb question, I’ve only just started looking into helmets.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How does this compare to the xp or st? I can’t find any information on this sx? My apologies if it’s a dumb question, I’ve only just started looking into helmets.
View Quote

SX is the predecessor to the current LE model.

ST is predecessor of current XP, SX to current LE, Maritime to current SF.

The current renditions are either lighter with similar protection or similar weight with more protection (and other small variances).

ETA: all three are made with different standards or requirements in mind. SX and LE offers more protection than ST or XP but at a cost of a higher weight.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The current renditions are either lighter with similar protection or similar weight with more protection (and other small variances).

ETA: all three are made with different standards or requirements in mind. SX and LE offers more protection than ST or XP but at a cost of a higher weight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, still a good option for a first ballistic helmet, just with the understanding newer versions are lighter? I would only be currently running a comms headset off it. And then when I make the jump into night vision then go for the lighter options.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Don’t forget to use a code to get 20% off your order.

“CLASKY” or “GARANDTHUMB” are the codes.

I bought the ST a few weeks ago, got lucky that I have a tiny head since it’s the only size they had.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So, still a good option for a first ballistic helmet, just with the understanding newer versions are lighter? I would only be currently running a comms headset off it. And then when I make the jump into night vision then go for the lighter options.
View Quote

Yes a large LE is 2.39lbs vs large SX is 3.25lbs
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 6:44:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the LE shell weight vs SX system weight. Complete system weight for both are approx 3.25lbs in Lg
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I bought the ST a few weeks ago, got lucky that I have a tiny head since it’s the only size they had.
View Quote

thats for the opscore site. this is armsunlimited
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Armsunlimited knocked the price of these helmets down to $640 apparently for this weekend only. That’s what put me over the edge to get one. Don’t really need it, but it’s nice to have a spare.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 7:01:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Ops core has them for $500 with the grand thumb coupon code but only s/m size in stock
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 9:21:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ops core has them for $500 with the grand thumb coupon code but only s/m size in stock
View Quote

Thats the ST not the SX
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#22]
How does Ops-Core's shroud compare to the Wilcox L4 shroud?
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 10:14:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How does Ops-Core's shroud compare to the Wilcox L4 shroud?
View Quote

I am also interested in hearing comparisons.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:13:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Coupon code "CLASKY" is not valid.
Coupon code "GARANDTHUMB" is not valid.

Codes didn't work form me :(
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

See my response above. Those codes are for ops core website and not arms unlimited
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

@ar15city

has yours arrived yet? Wondering if the lead time is real.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

See my response above. Those codes are for ops core website and not arms unlimited
View Quote

Thank you, my mistake. Yes your helpful codes work at the Gentex site, but for how long, unknown.

$640.00 immediately shipped for the old SX version from AU

$901.08 for the new LE High Cut version or $1596.39 SF shipped from Gentex unknown ETA

Also making a decision which Suspension & Retention system is best, OCC Dial or Worm Dial, I'm not sure which one you pro's prefer.

Difficult decision to make, but it may come down to getting the LE or SF for some people looking at this deal.

Because for saving $261.08 it does not appear worth it for me, maybe others on the fence as well, to get the old discontinued model from AU, unless there was more of a significant price break, unless you need something ASAP and can't wait forever from Gentex.

Or put another $956.39 on top of the SX $640 price from AU, to get a SF for $1596.39. Perhaps site sponsors can offer a better price if this is the ideal Gentex and we're not considering other options more. You are the experts to guide us into making t he best decision,
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

@ar15city

View Quote

No Sir, I'm on the fence.

I'm sure AU will ship ASAP. Gentex, unknown, maybe a long wait for the new model.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 8:58:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No Sir, I'm on the fence.

I'm sure AU will ship ASAP. Gentex, unknown, maybe a long wait for the new model.
View Quote

I ordered one from gentex for the wife. The deal is too good. I have an XP for myself but would've gone for the ST deal if they had one in my size and at this price when I got mine.

My total ended up being around $570ish shipped. Even lower than it calculated in the cart. It dropped in the final checkout.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 3:29:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I ordered one from gentex for the wife. The deal is too good. I have an XP for myself but would've gone for the ST deal if they had one in my size and at this price when I got mine.

My total ended up being around $570ish shipped. Even lower than it calculated in the cart. It dropped in the final checkout.
View Quote

That's a good price, did you get $570 shipped for old SX or new LE model?

Which Suspension & Retention system did you get and is best, OCC Dial or Worm Dial?
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That's a good price, did you get $570 shipped for old SX or new LE model?

Which Suspension & Retention system did you get and is best, OCC Dial or Worm Dial?
View Quote

The ST model. EPP with OCC-dial. Wasn't given choices on suspension/retention for that price/model.

I understand the ST is the old XP, which they claim is what the SEALs are issued. I only say that to say that it must be good enough for me.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The ST model. EPP with OCC-dial. Wasn't given choices on suspension/retention for that price/model.

I understand the ST is the old XP, which they claim is what the SEALs are issued. I only say that to say that it must be good enough for me.
View Quote

Congratulations.  Looks like a very nice helmet at a dream price  Wish I had a ST in my size all sold out
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#33]
I grabbed a ST from Gentex for $479.20 shipped with GARANDTHUMB 20% discount code and only took 2 weeks to get. Luckily i have a medium size head

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/9/2021 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I grabbed a ST from Gentex for $479.20 shipped with GARANDTHUMB 20% discount code and only took 2 weeks to get. Luckily i have a medium size head
View Quote

Tell me more about that cover!
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Tell me more about that cover!
View Quote

Ops-core mesh cover with spartan village ir patch.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 10:55:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

@ar15city

View Quote

@ar15city i ordered june 30 and it arrived july 3. They shipped quick from AU. $640 shipped.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 4:01:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

@ar15city i ordered june 30 and it arrived july 3. They shipped quick from AU. $640 shipped.
View Quote

Prolly Priority Mail shipping, quick delivery is a value in and of itself.

How are you liking the Suspension & Retention system OCC Dial vs Worm Dial, that shroud, any issues with various G24 fitment or any other regrets?

For the price are you satisfied with the SX helmet?
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Otherwise good helmet.

View Quote

So I wore a Large ACH in the army and I also had a L/XL Fast Base Jump a number of years ago, so you would recommend going with a size XL Fast SX? because I have seen a number of people say the Fast SX does appear to run on the smaller side on a few different sites. If anyone has a good answer on this it would be helpful, Thanks Gents.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 8:33:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So I wore a Large ACH in the army and I also had a L/XL Fast Base Jump a number of years ago, so you would recommend going with a size XL Fast SX? because I have seen a number of people say the Fast SX does appear to run on the smaller side on a few different sites. If anyone has a good answer on this it would be helpful, Thanks Gents.
View Quote

Until a pro responds to your question definitively. This is for SF but might be of help.

https://youtu.be/JAEgksFBJl4

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXpfOpIjGm0ocVfPclEfOag/videos

I had a chance to try on a friends SX XL helmet very briefly recently. Compared to my huge old XL helmet of another cheap make, the SX looked so small, I couldn't believe it was XL and had to confirm the printed size. Attempting to wear it was worse than being subjected to a Medieval torture device in the dungeon. Before that, given the price I was wishing a S/M SF would expand far enough to fit me. But going by their size guide it almost made me believe a Large would work unless I went up a size to XL.

What I'm trying to point out is. Unless you're lucky or know your size. The size guides and commentary are nice, but until you try them on side by side together, on your particular head, you're not going to be 100%. Ultimately, we may be forced to buy at least 2 sizes and try them on. Keep one and sell the other below cost since now it's a used helmet.

If I could get the dream $479.20 shipped price like some of you or live long enough to catch the next opscore SF-ST / airframe sale, this is what I'll try to do.

Hopefully we get it right, without having to buy a 3rd size. That's where these discounted sales are very helpful for people like us, without having to bother the system and seller with returns and exchanges.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

So update to my question, I ended up buying the XL Ops Core SX and it showed up the other day and it fits perfectly. So the comments about them running small appear to be accurate, the XL fits like a normal Large so I’m glad I went up a size. Had I gone with the Large It defiantly would have been to small, so I hope this helps anyone looking to buy this helmet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top