Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2020 11:29:07 AM EDT
I took mine out with the trigger tamer and 2020 sear and it regularly had doubling issues with several types of ammo.

I replaced the standard lock bolt retaining piece and the 2020 sear didn't have the issues alone.  

This is really upsetting because the combo was a really nice 4.5 lb setup!  Any ideas to make it safe and reliable so my dog doesn't get shot?
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 12:09:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I vaguely remember reading a post where someone had a similar issue when they used the trigger tamer and the 2020 sear together. My takeaway was to use one or the other, but not both together.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 12:49:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mattra:
I vaguely remember reading a post where someone had a similar issue when they used the trigger tamer and the 2020 sear together. My takeaway was to use one or the other, but not both together.
View Quote

This is what I understand from the bullpup forum site
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 3:25:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m only running the 2020 sear and if I use it with the 9mmP kit I get doubling because of the shorter reset.

AJ
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I had EXACT issue you did the Tamer started doubling on my older AUG and I sent it back
I tried it again and with the 2020 it doubles right out the gate
I had to send it back again
I don’t think the Tamer is reliable enough at lighter setting to work
I am disappointed too as the trigger is the only thing that sucks on the gun and nobody in 30 years can make a reliable upgrade to just knock it down to 5-6 lbs
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 12:59:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I have both on mines and what I did was I used the lower latch on the spring for the trigger tamer  and it's been pretty reliable.

if I used the top latch.. there wasn't enough reset on the spring strength to push back the trigger reset.

the lower bump did it better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top