Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2020 10:21:22 PM EDT
Bought one on a whim and now I’m wondering if they are as good as advertised.  For whatever its worth its my first rim fire suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 11:40:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I have three rimfire and if I were buying today, the Nyx would be top 3 contenders
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:24:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for being an EA shooter. We hope you will love shooting your Nyx! What hosts are you planning to use it on? If you need anything please reach out, we are always here if you need us.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe those that have them are pretty dang happy with them.

I've almost bought one a few times. I will say that I will add an EA suppressor to the stable at one point. I just don't know which one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 1:04:53 PM EDT
[#4]
If SilencerShop sold them I’d probably buy one.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 2:20:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd also buy one if SilencerShop had them.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 2:57:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
If SilencerShop sold them I’d probably buy one.  

You guys do know you can buy a silencer from anywhere and still use your normal Powered dealer to handle paperwork via Silencer Shop, right? You will likely be on the hook for a separate transfer fee but don't let Silencer Shop's inventory dictate what you buy. More of my purchases here recently have been from other than SS.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 3:23:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#9]
The dealer I use charges $100 for transfers and SS is just convenient/easy.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The dealer I use charges $100 for transfers and SS is just convenient/easy.
View Quote

You can still use SS for the paperwork outside of buying from them. Maybe it's not quite as easy as buying direct but it's still better than doing things the old way. It sucks to get hit with the transfer fee but that wouldn't stop me from buying the can I really want. You are essentially stuck with these things so don't settle IMO.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 7:58:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a NYX Mod2 in jail that I bought from Hansohn Brothers and transferred through silencershop.  I havent shot it yet, but it should be out of jail in the next month or two.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thank you for being an EA shooter. We hope you will love shooting your Nyx! What hosts are you planning to use it on? If you need anything please reach out, we are always here if you need us.
View Quote
Make some more mod 1s, Karl!!!

@kedminster
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:53:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a Nyx Mod 2 and love it!
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:03:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a Nyx Mod 2 and love it!
View Quote
Me too, mine came from Hansohn. I'd really like a natural mod 1 now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 1:35:58 AM EDT
[#15]
I recently got my mod 2 out of jail, and love it. It is my first can, so I don’t have anything to compare it to.  I don’t have any regrets, and am thinking about getting a mod 1 for my second rim fire can.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:09:09 AM EDT
[#16]
I've had my Nyx Mod1 for almost two years now; absolutely love it. My other rimfire cans don't see much use anymore, I'm spoiled on the weight. Plan to buy another Nyx Mod1 one of these days.

Well built. Very happy with the suppression and incredibly lightweight. The first time I picked up the box, I thought it was empty.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've had my Nyx Mod1 for almost two years now; absolutely love it. My other rimfire cans don't see much use anymore, I'm spoiled on the weight. Plan to buy another Nyx Mod1 one of these days.

Well built. Very happy with the suppression and incredibly lightweight. The first time I picked up the box, I thought it was empty.
View Quote
If Karl would get off his ass and make more.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 11:07:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If Karl would get off his ass and make more.
View Quote

I've been saying I want a second one for well over a year now. I keep spending money on other things. But as long as I can find one, I can pretty well guarantee my next rimfire can will be another Nyx Mod1.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 12:10:01 AM EDT
[#19]
They sound good, good buy.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 3:10:34 AM EDT
[#20]
NYX is great.  For the price, look for the Gen1.  Not sure I ever find the timeor reason to take the NYX apart, in the Gen 2
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:40:09 AM EDT
[#21]
I wound up with a Mask but the NYX was very high on my list of contenders.  If I ever decided to get a second rimfire can I'll be considering one again.

Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Make some more mod 1s, Karl!!!

@kedminster
View Quote

I promise they are on the production planner! Our machines have been running basically nonstop making parts and we are planning to add yet another turning center soon to try to speed up production even more. Thank you to everyone who is keeping us really busy; as a small business we truly appreciate our shooters!
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:30:22 PM EDT
[#23]
As soon as I get the “in stock” alert from Hanson, I’m ordering the mod 1 or 2, whichever shows up first
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Bought one on a whim and now I'm wondering if they are as good as advertised.  For whatever its worth its my first rim fire suppressor.
View Quote
So far....so quiet!

Do You Practice At 50 Yards EA NYX MOD2 22LR Vortex Razor Red Dot

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top