Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2018 7:38:14 PM EDT
I had posted a question about POV video recording for the PVS-31a and a member pointed me in these guys directions. I know I am paying to be a beta tester more or less, but if it works and doesn’t mess with the FOV much, it might be a cool unit.

I am in no way associated with these guys. I did buy one of these units and plan on posting videos of my coyote hunts once I get it. I really hope they turn out well.

I usually raise my left goggle up once I get to a stand, then scan with the thermal for coyotes. So even if it does obstruct a bit of the view I’ll put it on that left eye so I can record the whole hunt.

They quoted 3-4 week delivery and are only doing an initial 50 units. I believe an upgrade will be offered to beta testers once the recorder is finalized.

https://www.becauseoperator.com/shop
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks interesting.  Can't wait to see some video and reviews.

When are you moving to Ohio bro?????
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#2]
It looks like it’s very similar to the FPRS but in a different form factor. It looks like they took the same recording system and put it in a new 3D printed housing and changed the power lead.
Seems a lot more robust than the FPRS.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:29:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks interesting.  Can't wait to see some video and reviews.

When are you moving to Ohio bro?????
View Quote
Honestly, if I had to pick a state up north to live Ohio would be in the top 3 My first true love was from there, Dayton area. Spent some time up there with her. Have been up there a bunch with work, and have been up to the Alliance PD’s range to train with EAG at least twice. I always liked it. Seemed like a lot of like minded dudes I was around where throwing insults at each other, often brutal, was just good fun and games. If I had to live up there I would be gtg.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's a neat little unit, got to see one a couple weeks ago.  Video is good out of them, didn't really get in the way at all.
View Quote
How much of your view is covered up?
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How much of your view is covered up?
View Quote
If it’s like the FPRS it really wouldn’t cover up any of your view. You notice it when you first put it on but soon as you start moving around you don’t notice it anymore .
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:05:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 11:53:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm really excited about this, but I'm not yet dropping $400 on something from a company I've never heard of with no idea what warranty support will be like and no examples of how it actually looks when it's functioning.  I'd really like to put one on a PVS-14 but they haven't released a video of how much occlusion occurs.  Just a couple speculative suggestions that "it's not that bad."

If you're reading this, please provide more information.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 12:23:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm really excited about this, but I'm not yet dropping $400 on something from a company I've never heard of with no idea what warranty support will be like and no examples of how it actually looks when it's functioning.  I'd really like to put one on a PVS-14 but they haven't released a video of how much occlusion occurs.  Just a couple speculative suggestions that "it's not that bad."

If you're reading this, please provide more information.
View Quote
I had spoke with a L3 LE dealer in the US about it and he will be a distributor for them. AFAIK, there are few options for a 31a that don’t cost $5k. I figured WTH. If it works good, it not I am out a lot less than the torrey pines eagle eye scope cam adaptor I bought for use with a day optic and PVS-30 which I found so have some serious POI shift issues at times.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 1:59:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Wasn’t there another guy who made something similar?  There was a thread about him a while back. I guess he’s a vet. Or has health issues because some guys couldn’t get ahold of him?

Sorry I can’t think of the specifics.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:37:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:04:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You're likely talking about Night Combat Solutions and the FPRS. One way or another, the FPRS isn't really a viable option at the moment, and won't be for the foreseeable future.

~Augee
View Quote
I am surprised to hear you say that.  The NCS FPRS and LPMR look like basically the exact same design.

http://soldiersystems.net/2016/09/26/night-combat-solutions-fprs-pvs-14-recorder/
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:11:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks cool, but I won't be buying it. I have two of the FPRS systems and I never use those. I just get annoyed with the camera in the way and take it off.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Is it going to come in a 3D printed case?  Nothing against prototyping but it looks far from a ready to sell device, especially considering the market tends to be a harder use demographic.  The price seems ok but it will need to be a finished product and not a Beta.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is it going to come in a 3D printed case?  Nothing against prototyping but it looks far from a ready to sell device, especially considering the market tends to be a harder use demographic.  The price seems ok but it will need to be a finished product and not a Beta.
View Quote
It is for now. He said he is looking to an "MKII" already. He is hoping to do a machined case and will give dude that bought in to the MKI the option of upgrading the case simply by sending it in to be swapped out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top