Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2019 9:57:56 PM EDT
I ordered their larger loop for my Marlin 1895G and must say that I am impressed with it. It seems to be just a bit narrower than the gbl and that may be because it's on a straight stock. Needless to say I like that it seems a bit narrower.

put their loading gate on this evening. MAN does it make a difference

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2019 10:21:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got one of their combo peep sights/rails on my "tactical" 336. It's a nice piece of hardware. I bought it at their shop in Cypress when visiting my fiancee; the owner is a pretty nice guy and their 1894 10mm/45/9 conversions are
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked up one of their flyweight loading gates and aluminum followers. Definitely happy with both. The loading gate is a lot easier to manipulate.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 12:11:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I picked up one of their flyweight loading gates and aluminum followers. Definitely happy with both. The loading gate is a lot easier to manipulate.
View Quote
Did you try lightening the OEM part first?
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No. As far as I know, there really isn't a way to do that without possibly compromising the integrity of the part.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep.  Unfortunately, I need a couple more!  

Link Posted: 5/27/2019 11:26:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Indeed.
Loading gate.  Blue follower.   Dovetail blank filler.
Good products.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:48:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No. As far as I know, there really isn't a way to do that without possibly compromising the integrity of the part.
View Quote
LOL, its easy if everyone agrees to keep the dremel put away.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 6:17:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well...we're waiting!
How is it done easy?
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Would you care to enlighten us?
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 9:36:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Its a leaf spring. Remove material from the spring and it will get lighter. If that is too scary for someone you can just take a little of the bend out and again, it will be lighter. Went to far with your bend? Just put a little more back in. Been doing this for years, I've never ended up with anything other than a lighter sprung loading gate.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Its a leaf spring. Remove material from the spring and it will get lighter. If that is too scary for someone you can just take a little of the bend out and again, it will be lighter. Went to far with your bend? Just put a little more back in. Been doing this for years, I've never ended up with anything other than a lighter sprung loading gate.
View Quote
Yeah, I'd rather spend the $50
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At $50 a pop for four rifles, I did the "bend the little spring" thing.  It works, just make sure to do "a little dab will do you" process.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#13]
I did the grind away metal method on a few of my guns, no issues and works great.

You don't grind the "thin" direction (ie. the direction the spring bends), you grind off the longer direction (the vertical axis when the gun is upright).  So taking off 1/2 the metal makes the spring 1/2 as stiff.

On my 1895 I also smoothed out the inside of the gate where the case head of the rear-most round in the magazine sits against the gate.  When you push the gate in it pushes the already loaded rounds forward slightly against the magazine spring.   The contact points on my 1895 gate were a bit rough and smoothing them made a noticeable difference.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 12:26:07 AM EDT
[#14]
put their loading gate on this evening. MAN does it make a difference
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 8:35:55 AM EDT
[#16]
I have their cloverleaf peep on my Marlin 1894 .357. It’s really nice. I looked at every peep sight before picking that one. My deciding factors were looks and compatibility with the factor front sight. It looks very natural on the gun, like it was intended to be there. It also works perfectly with the factory height front sight.  It’s a super accurate and well made product.

Now I want to get their medium loop and loading gate. I feel like I might get addicted to their products.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 5:45:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I have the clover peep, mid size lever, lever shims, and loading gate. Absolutely rock solid lever gun stuff.

I used the rear dovetail for a small rail and a MRD sight.
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#18]
I use their rear dovetail blanks in all of my leverguns. I also have their sights on my '75 Marlin 336 in 35 Remington. That one is my hog gun. Sights work great with the fiber optic front. Very fast and accurate setup.

I haven't messed with anything else but thought about one of the levers for my 1895G. I don't need the loading gates because I don't have problems with the factory ones.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top