Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2019 1:32:34 AM EDT
Just curious. I bought an adapter to add a tailhook brace but can’t figure out how to take the rubber part off. I thought I should ask before yanking on the thing.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#1]
What type factory brace do you have.  If it is the new swivel type brace it just unscrews counter-clockwise.  You may need to use a big pair of channel locks (that’s how I removed mine) to squeeze the swivel area so the stud unscrews.  It took all old 3 minutes to get mine off.

What type of adapter do you have.  I got the one from Custom Manufacturing and am very happy with it.  Great fit and finish, and IMHO it should have come from the factory with the Tailhook.  It’s that nice.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 4:32:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an MPX K with the no swiveling brace. I looked it over the other day and don’t see any screws holding the thing on. As near as I can tell it’s just glued/friction mounted. I gave it a good yank over the weekend but couldn’t get it off. Next up I may try a screwdriver and pry it off.

I took it shooting this weekend and the flimsiness of the brace is a turnoff especially since I’m used to running my MPX SBR with a real stock.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 4:37:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, can't help with anything other than the newer "swivel" type brace.  Don't have any experience with the other type.
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry, can't help with anything other than the newer "swivel" type brace.  Don't have any experience with the other type.
View Quote
Do you mind posting a pic of the tail hook? I just picked up the new MPX K with the newer swivel brace that I am not a huge fan of
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 4:26:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I also have the MPX 4.5 with the folding “swivel” brace, and hate the swivel.  
There needs to be a way to lock it up vertically.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#6]
MadDogDan:

Did you have to drill a hole for a set-screw?  It say the latest version requires this--but I'm not sure where and why is this required?  (If it's to keep the tailhook from swiveling, I was thinking I might just drill a hole on the swivel brace.)
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 6:42:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
MadDogDan:

Did you have to drill a hole for a set-screw?  It say the latest version requires this--but I'm not sure where and why is this required?  (If it's to keep the tailhook from swiveling, I was thinking I might just drill a hole on the swivel brace.)
View Quote
The adapter has a stud on it to index the TailHook brace but the adapter itself needs to be indexed itself on the brace arms.  It comes with a small set screw and is pre drilled.  When you mount the adapter you drill into the brace itself and insert the screw.  This gives you a rock solid brace.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top