Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2019 3:25:00 PM EDT
My CC got "declined" when I submitted payment with my EFile Form 1.  I was in a hurry to make a meeting so I just paid with another card.  On the way to my meeting I called AMEX.  They didn't decline anything, the $200 payment was pending.  Of course, now I've paid twice.  I don't want to start a dispute or anything and slow down my F1 approval so I'm just going to let it lay for the moment.  Does ATF send a refund check if you accidentally paid twice?
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Just send a note with your Permit number to "ask the experts" tab, they seem to check that very frequently, whenever I've used it they were fast
and straightforward with me, seems odd for a government entity I know.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 4:28:55 PM EDT
[#2]
AMEX could have shut down the duplicate if you would have asked them.

I recently ordered something on line and it appeared the transaction failed. I ran it though a second time and it looked fucky. I called my bank and they said it hit 6 times and they shut them all down.  They then released my card and I called in the order.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AMEX could have shut down the duplicate if you would have asked them.

I recently ordered something on line and it appeared the transaction failed. I ran it though a second time and it looked fucky. I called my bank and they said it hit 6 times and they shut them all down.  They then released my card and I called in the order.
View Quote
I did ask them that.  She specifically told me they couldn't as it was already a pending charge.  Maybe she was uninformed.  Pretty sure "Stacy" was really "Rajesh".  

I'm kicking around the idea of a Tranquillo.  Maybe they can just apply the $200 to that.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a refund twice for my machinegun stamp.  I still haven't cashed the checks or returned the form 1.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Pending =/= Posted. Pending charges are holds on funds but, until they are processed and posted to the account, are not actually complete.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pending =/= Posted. Pending charges are holds on funds but, until they are processed and posted to the account, are not actually complete.
View Quote
Yup, it will probably disappear in a day or two
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes I did.

They just mailed me a check when the packet got declined, for no trust paperwork. Looked like a savings bond.

Just out the $200 for like 9 months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top