Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2018 2:45:16 PM EDT
When spending $$$$$ on optics I have no experience with the various companies out there. Any experience with http://www.nightvision4less.com

Opinions?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I would! Not everyone has my item in stock :(
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 5:25:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would! Not everyone has my item in stock :(
View Quote
What exactly are you looking for?

By the way, TNVC is who I bought mine from; PVS-14 OMNI VIII.

Wonder if they do rebuilds...may want to go white phosphor on my Mod 3's.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
None with that company.

Used TNVC for personal and .gov stuff and Ultimate Night Vision for personal stuff. Been happy with both.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
None with that company.

Used TNVC for personal and .gov stuff and Ultimate Night Vision for personal stuff. Been happy with both.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None with that company.

IMHO when dealing with NV and thermal...I don't like to risk anything to maybe save a small amount ...so I deal with TNVC or UNV.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Never heard of them.  I deal with TNVC.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Surely someone has bought from them or they wouldn't still be in business. I'd like to know how they are to deal with also? Some of there prices seem to be pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 8:46:11 AM EDT
[#8]
You seem to be wanting to find justification to use them rather than finding out if they are GTG, or not.  Understandable; their marketing pitch looks good; prices so-so.

All I can tell ya is this is probably the best NV forum on line; the vendors here are totally vetted by numerous satisfied customers.  I would take that into consideration if I was looking for NV.

Lots of guys have been down this road, myself included.  You try to find the best info you can, to make an informed purchase, but then you try and find the best price you can.  This can be a real crap shoot.  Lots of guys buy some unit from unvetted sources and get lucky; but lots of them don't.  Guess which ones post about it, and which ones don't.

I think when buying NV for the first time you should stick with a known, reputable dealer, who can guide you through the process.  Once you are more knowledgeable, you can kind of branch off on your own and explore other sources, if you want.

If you want to try those guys, hey, that's your choice.  One final thought.  I have found that in NV, you generally get what you pay for.  If a company's name is "NV for less" , that's a warning sign for me.  It gets your attention, and that's the whole point.  The implication is their quality is just as good as companies that are charging you more.  And through the goodness of their hearts (or marketing hook), they are going to charge you less.

I don't know if that's true or not.  That's all I can tell ya.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#9]
It’s odd to me that people can’t simply answer Yes or No and then state their experience.  The question was honest and up front.  It’s a valid question.  Yet anyone with an opinion states “I never dealt with them but company XYZ is good.”  It’s clear the companies who get the common suggestions but that wasn’t the question.  It wasn’t “Who do you trust?”.  Is it poor reading comprehension?  Just fanboyism at its worst?  The guy wanted first hand experience and nobody who has posted has any so far.  Anyone with first hand experience want to chime in?
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#10]
"...and nobody has posted any so far".  Including yourself.  Perhaps that is in itself an answer to his question.  If you have several guys who have bought from ABC NV, or XYZ NV, and no one from ACME NV, then that would tell me to check out ABC, or XYZ.  And by default, ACME would be an unknown risk.  That would be the best analysis based on the current intel from this site.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I think since most all of us has "been down that road before" is because the intent is to save the OP money, time, regret and headaches. TNVC is not only has great prices for the quality of their products they put out, but their no BS answers/reviews are appreciated by most of us here. No doubt there are other great sponsors here that also and all of their commitment to helping people out, having a product that they'd bet their life on vs just making a sale and moving on is something that should be taken into consideration when investing such a large amount of money.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 10:45:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I do appreciate all the info here. I have done most of my research here so, quite honestly I have looked into the people who advertise and post here first and foremost.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 7:55:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Good on ya.  The vendors here not only provide you with a lot of good info, they also pay a lot of bucks to be site sponsors.  So I like to pay them back with a little support, and good feedback on their products, for others.  Some may call that "fan-boy-ism"; or characterize it as poor reading comprehension.  It is neither; if I have a choice of where to buy, I will support vendors who go the extra mile and support me.

Because of the anonymity of the internet, you have no idea whether someone has a legitimate question, or is guerrilla marketing for another vendor, or just plain trolling for the hell of it.  A question may be perfectly innocent, or have some hidden agenda.  You just don't know.

When I worked at a specialty running shoe store, I would get these people who would come in, and ask to be fitted for a running shoe.  So I would do a gait analysis, and a foot exam, to see what brand shoe would fit them and their running style the best.  Sometimes this process would take 20-30 minutes.  They would then say, OK let me think about, and then go out and buy them on line, for a few bucks less.  So I just gave them my time and knowledge (not to mention handled their sweaty feet) and they pay me back by buying from a competitor.  I don't know about you, but that pisses me off.

In the same vein, if I paid to be a site sponsor, and freely gave of my time and knowledge to others, to help them determine what their NV needs are, and then they turn around and buy from another guy, just because he's a few bucks cheaper, I would not appreciate it.  So yeah, maybe I stepped on this guy's thread a bit, but I make no apologies.  Vic, Sam, and LowDown3 are contributing members of this forum and I support them to the max.  So if you want to know who the good companies are, check out TNVC/NGI, and JRH Enterprises.  If ACME NV wants to come on here, be a site sponsor, and provide good info, then we'll talk.

I know it's the info age, and lots of folks seem to think that they are entitled to all this knowledge for free.  I am old school, in that if someone shares their hard-earned experience with me, I feel obligated to them for helping me out.  Obviously, opinions do vary.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top