Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2020 11:05:33 PM EDT
Silent But Deadly: Welrod Mk IIA

Is it a suppressor? AOW? Both?

Any prints on the design worth looking at if you wanted to build one?
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Why would it be an AOW? It's just an integrally suppressed handgun isn't it?
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:32:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
Why would it be an AOW? It's just an integrally suppressed handgun isn't it?
View Quote

Single shot bolt action. The mag is the grip and the gun can function without it so it's essentially like a baton style gun. It was commonly passed as a bicycle tire pump during WWII.

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:32:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Single shot bolt action. The mag is the grip and the gun can function without it so it's essentially like a baton style gun. It was commonly passed as a bicycle tire pump during WWII.

View Quote

I know what a Welrod is. They’ve madebolt action handguns forever. I was just wondering why you thought it would be a AOW
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:45:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Just hold the slide shut on a modern suppressed handgun. Now it's a straight-pull until you fire it again.

Welrods are cool though. It'd be neat to have a historical example.
Not sure I'd ever pay B&T VP9 money. It's neither historical nor practical. Still cool however.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:50:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:Not sure I'd ever pay B&T VP9 money. It's neither historical nor practical. Still cool however.
View Quote

Yeah, I'd make one, but never pay that price for it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Innovative Arms has teased a version with an accurate outside appearance but with their modern baffle stack.  Looks great and they are saying $1200-1400 if they make it.

One day I will make one.  I'm thinking a integral top end that will that will fit either a glock frame or a 1911 frame.  I haven't decided which frame to use yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top