Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2022 3:05:02 PM EDT
Hk vp9 tactical + ??? + Tbac fly 9 == awesome?

13.5x1 LH to 1.125x28

Looking at griffin tri lug adapter.  

Am I completely retarded?
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#1]
A standard 3-lug will only work on a fixed barrel pistol. The closest thing to 3-lug that would work on a typical handgun is the Griffin camlock
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that compatible with a Tbac fly 9?  Or their ez lok?

I found a reference to future generic 1.125x28 compatibility on another forum but nothing on their website
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is that compatible with a Tbac fly 9?  Or their ez lok?

I found a reference to future generic 1.125x28 compatibility on another forum but nothing on their website
View Quote

Yes, the Fly9 uses the same pistons as Silencerco and Rugged.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve seen a yt video of a guy shooting a beretta 92 with tri lug
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 6:23:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I’ve seen a yt video of a guy shooting a beretta 92 with tri lug
View Quote

This is my ultimate goal.  It’s just going to have to be a very lightweight can.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is my ultimate goal.  It’s just going to have to be a very lightweight can.
View Quote

It would be a custom endeavor, but it would be interesting to machine a 9mm barrel with a Sig-style 25-degree taper and get a matching titanium direct-thread mount. That would free up as much weight for the can as possible in a non-Nielsen application.

I’d also love to try a tapered pistol barrel with a taper-cut piston. Sort of like EZ/CAM-LOK without the muzzle adaptor.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Educate me.   Why would a Tri lug adapter not work with a tilting barrel?

And why does the taper matter?

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#9]
The tilting barrel action would not be able to overcome the weight of the can to properly eject spent cases. A booster(Neilson device) is required for this. A three lug mount is basically a fixed mount with a spring loaded locking system. The H&K mentioned above is a fixed barrel pistol like the 92.

The taper mentioned above is just a sig design and needed for use of their mounts.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 8:10:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Educate me.   Why would a Tri lug adapter not work with a tilting barrel?

And why does the taper matter?

View Quote

Taper mounts resist unscrewing compared to 90-degree shoulder mounts. Pistol suppressors are constantly loosing up during firing. The EZ-LOK and CAM-LOK both bring tapers to pistols, and both of these systems can go a lot longer without being checked for tightness than a typical pistol suppressor setup. They’re already very common on rifle mounts (Plan A, Plan B, Xeno, YHM, etc). Sig and some others (Q I think?) incorporate tapers directly into the contour of the barrel itself so no mount is required to enjoy the benefit. That’s what I’d like someone to do for pistols.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted: The H&K mentioned above is a fixed barrel pistol like the 92.
View Quote

Are you sure? Vp9 not p9

Thanks btw
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I ended up getting an ez-lok from griffin armament just to try out.  I put it on my glock 19.  Little rubbing on the guide rod, but no serious wear.  It’s a neat item.  No need for teflon tape or checking every mag.  I check every couple of mags and have no issues.  Not sure i’d put on all my pistols, but am leaving on the glock.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 12:04:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Say you put the ez lock or cam lock on your pistol and PCC, you would still need to swap out the booster system when you go between pistol and PCC?

Edit: would this system work on a wolfman?
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 6:52:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The problem with this approach is that you still have to unscrew the 3-lug adapter to disassemble the pistol. So you still have a threaded interface.

So what advantage does this give over a direct thread mount?

(General question to everyone. I was using osprey21’s comment as an example).
View Quote

So I have the Cam Lok on my CZP10C and VP9 tactical. It's the same as using a screw on tri lug in that it is a threaded interface and needs to be taken off for removing the barrel from the slide.

The reason to use it over direct thread is that the can stays tight on the barrel and is QD and probably faster than a tri lug. Suppressed pistols get lame really fast when you have to tighten the can every 5 rds.

And for the OP, just get an Ez Lok or Cam Lok for the VP9 tactical. There will be some meticulous cleaning if you're changing from tri lug to piston because carbon and fouling will quickly build up in the piston lugs. For this reason I have a CGS Kraken (MOD9) dedicated for pistol use. I have 3 other 9mm cans with tri lugs and another pending with direct thread but adaptable to SiCo Rugged tri lug.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 9:05:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 10:25:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

And yet the adapter that’s threaded onto the barrel doesn’t have this same issue?  If a suppressor can unscrew, so can a threaded adapter.

Or are you doing something to keep it in place? Seems whatever that is could be done with a direct thread can as well.

Not trying to argue the point. I’m curious what others are doing to keep their stuff on tight. I general use a couple wraps of Teflon tape, whether on direct threads or with a 3-lug adapter.
View Quote

It has tool features (i.e. wrench flats) to torque it to spec, similar to the muzzle device on a rifle. The tapered interface between the EZ/CAM-LOK requires less torque to stay secure. Arguably, if you had wrench flats on your piston, you could achieve the same thing, but most are just hand tightened. Not to harp on it too much, but that’s why I wish someone would come out with a complimentary tapered barrel and piston. There would be nothing that had to be removed for disassembly but presumably it would stay tight when hand-tightened due to the tapered interface.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And yet the adapter that's threaded onto the barrel doesn't have this same issue?  If a suppressor can unscrew, so can a threaded adapter.

Or are you doing something to keep it in place? Seems whatever that is could be done with a direct thread can as well.

Not trying to argue the point. I'm curious what others are doing to keep their stuff on tight. I general use a couple wraps of Teflon tape, whether on direct threads or with a 3-lug adapter.
View Quote
+1, unless you never remove the slide I don't want to bother.
Griffin sells their ST3 which I think is a much simpler solution and the most lightweight and no proprietary mount options.
It can be used multiple times as well..
https://www.griffinarmament.com/st-3a-thread-sealant/

Seems like this may be the same thing:
https://www.vibra-tite.com/threadsealants/thread-sealant-non-curing/vibra-tite-486-non-hardening-thread-sealant/

Or also this:
https://www.vibra-tite.com/threadlockers/removable-reusable-threadlockers/vibra-tite-vc-3-threadmate/

both can be used several times

I also thought about getting a barrel w/ a taper like mentioned above but their is barely a shoulder to do that on most pistols and then you need a corresponding mount on the suppressor side even if that were to work.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top