Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2020 4:31:30 PM EDT
Is anybody producing aftermarket barrels/bolts as needed for additional calibers such as 6.5mm Grendel? I've been searching but haven't had any luck finding any options. I'd like to eventually give the to-be-announced (maybe) 6mm ARC a try, and run 6.5G in the meantime.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to see an option for Wilson Combat's 300 HAM'R.  Sig makes brass for it, and helped get the cartridge SAAMI approved.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess the silence can be interpreted as a 'no'. Has anyone run across any aftermarket barrels in one of the calibers currently offered, or is everything Sig only at this point?
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Its all Sig so far
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 12:41:05 AM EDT
[#4]
With 5.56 and .300 BLK, I don't think Sig will do anything else like 7.62x39, 6.5 Grendel, .224 Valkyrie or the other newish calibers.

To go slightly off topic, when is Sig going to release the .40 S&W and .357 Sig barrels for the MPX line?
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 7:02:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I was in a similar search for my ACR years ago and currently have a working copy in 6.5G. You need a custom barrel and bolt, possibly a different weight action spring and you should be good. I'd try Marvin Pitts/Nefarious Arms as he does lots of custom work for the ACR crowd. I've had fine luck with metal 6.5 mags but while they fit in PMAGs they bulge them and dont feed well. This all may not have helped at all but maybe it gives you hope?
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 12:48:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tranzformer:

To go slightly off topic, when is Sig going to release the .40 S&W and .357 Sig barrels for the MPX line?
View Quote

You just answered the question right there lol  
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 5:20:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You guys were most likely never aware, but Tromix was ready to roll out caliber conversion kits for the 556XI but shelved it at the last minute when Sig abandoned the platform.

We had 300 Blackout barrels, 458 SOCOM barrels, Tromix 556 Bolts, charging handles, gas blocks, gas regulators, receiver holding fixtures, barrel wrenches, etc all for doing caliber conversions on the 556XI rifle.

Here's a pic of a Tromix 458 SOCOM bolt along with a pair of 458 SOCOM 556XI rifles.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

https://i.imgur.com/dtHOPHj.jpg?1  

https://i.imgur.com/W65UheZ.jpg?1
View Quote
This is what @TonyRumor posted in the Sig 556 thread.

Tony, anything in the works for the MCX? I'm only asking because it sounds like you were ready to go on the XI.

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Blaster7R:

You just answered the question right there lol   
View Quote

It was kind of a rhetorical question on my part. lol

Just seems when modular platforms come out (ARX, SCAR, MCX, 805 Bren....etc.) and promised caliber conversion kits don't usually come with them. At least LMT has done a great job offering various factory calibers and barrel lengths for their platform and still do today. Would be nice to see the same happen for the MCX and MPX. One of the draws to running these platforms is that ability.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 1:06:28 AM EDT
[#9]

It was kind of a rhetorical question on my part. lol 

Just seems when modular platforms come out (ARX, SCAR, MCX, 805 Bren....etc.) and promised caliber conversion kits don't usually come with them. At least LMT has done a great job offering various factory calibers and barrel lengths for their platform and still do today. Would be nice to see the same happen for the MCX and MPX. One of the draws to running these platforms is that ability.
View Quote

And now you can go have Dave Wilson MFG make you any LMT barrel you want.... Carbon Proof, 22lr, whatever you want.

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 9:47:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
This is what @TonyRumor posted in the Sig 556 thread. 

Tony, anything in the works for the MCX? I'm only asking because it sounds like you were ready to go on the XI. 

View Quote

I asked this question some time ago on the 458socomforum. The answer was a no.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By domestique1:

And now you can go have Dave Wilson MFG make you any LMT barrel you want.... Carbon Proof, 22lr, whatever you want. 

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By domestique1:

It was kind of a rhetorical question on my part. lol 

Just seems when modular platforms come out (ARX, SCAR, MCX, 805 Bren....etc.) and promised caliber conversion kits don't usually come with them. At least LMT has done a great job offering various factory calibers and barrel lengths for their platform and still do today. Would be nice to see the same happen for the MCX and MPX. One of the draws to running these platforms is that ability.

And now you can go have Dave Wilson MFG make you any LMT barrel you want.... Carbon Proof, 22lr, whatever you want. 

That is true. There was also Marvin Pitts/Nefarious Arms that has also been doing LMT barrel conversions for some time. Hopefully someone in the industry will help support the MCX/MPX with aftermarket barrel options.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:44:29 AM EDT
[#12]
A SBR 6.5 grendel would be great !

Dont think it will ever happen knowing SIG..   but I would buy one
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Blaster7R:
A SBR 6.5 grendel would be great ! 

Dont think it will ever happen knowing SIG..   but I would buy one
View Quote

I'd be all over a 12" 6.5 Grendel barrel for my MCX, whether Sig or aftermarket offers it. Suppressed 12" 6.5 Grendel is a great all around option.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#14]
What happened to the 7.62x39 factory conversions that we were so excited about just a couple of months ago??
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 1:39:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 6:01:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:
Unfortunately I think with SIG’s track record  of constant changes, updates, non-reverse compatible designs, and dumping products on a dime no one in the aftermarket wants to take the risk. 

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Kind of this,

While i think that today's sig is on a much better path than the Sig from 10 years ago, this is still something that i am sure effects aftermarket support to some level.  With that being said, I think that as the MCX gains adoption, especially in the MIL/LE word, Sig is going to be almost forced to maintain support for MCX/MPX lineup

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top