Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2018 6:46:00 AM EDT
When I bought my RPB M11A1 the dealer said he had one that ran and he would sell it to me and was a good part of why I went with an M11A1.

When my paperwork came back and I picked up the gun he said he was doing some remodeling at his house and couldn’t find the 22 kit at the moment but once he found it he would still sell it to me. Now he doesn’t return e-mails or calls about it

So I’ve been searching for one for a while. I know they don’t have a great reputation but still want to play with one.

Anybody have a lead on one?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Funny I should run across this thread. I just saw one listed on Armslist last night in the Virginia area. Don't know if he will ship or not, was asking $250 I think.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:11:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't.

Seriously.

I have yet to hear of anyone that has a positive thing to say about their fleming .22 subcal setup.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:41:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't.

Seriously.

I have yet to hear of anyone that has a positive thing to say about their fleming .22 subcal setup.
View Quote
Well my options are very limited since Lage isn’t touching them and I figure if I get it cheap enough I don’t mind tinkering with it.

@kornbread I sent you an IM
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of the Fleming Subcal 22 units for my M11/9.   I bought it before Lage was even in business 15+ years ago at this point.

I had to tinker with mine to get it to work reliably but the three biggest reliability enhancements were installing a fixed ejector (vs. relying on the built in ejector on the ruger mags), adding a what Fleming called a "recoil enhancer" which was basically just a rifled barrel extension so you got more back pressure, and using a lightened sear spring so that sear didnt create as much drag when releasing the trigger and the bolt happened to be on its rearward stroke.

Overall with good ruger 10/22 magazines the kit runs really pretty well in my experience with a few mods and its nice that semi still works (unlike the full auto only Lage kits)   My M11/9 pretty much lived with the Fleming 22 kit installed for a decade or more until I got a Norrell conversion 10/22,  at which point I moved my M11/9 back to a 9MM setup.

Like most 22 conversion kits they can be finicky but at least in my experience can be made to run well with good mags and a few mods.  The good thing they have going for them is they are "open bolt" so you have zero bolt bounce issues to deal with like you do on many of the closed bolt 22lr conversion kits on the market for other platforms.

The other nice aspect was that the cyclic rate was pretty slow for a 22lr conversion.

Pic from probably 10+ years ago with the kit installed.

Attachment Attached File

Good luck on your search of a M11/380 kit.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info and I know they are not known to be the most reliable but I have lots of 22 ammo, Ruger mags and time to play so now I just need to find a kit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 10:16:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Are you on UZItalk?

Someone had a upper posted on there a few weeks ago.

Link to listing. It sold for $259 with some mags last month.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well my options are very limited since Lage isn’t touching them and I figure if I get it cheap enough I don’t mind tinkering with it.
View Quote
At all, or not yet?

I don't think I've ever had a mag dump complete with mine. I've polished things so it's nice and smooth, tried different recoil springs, every kind of ammo I could find, different extractors, different extractor springs, suppressor use, different styles of magazines, and even opened the ejection port a bit.

The biggest two improvements I saw were with a suppressor and remington golden ammo. But even then, I'd get a partial mag dump then a jam. It just got to be too frustrating, so got put on my shelf where it's sat for a decade.

Now the .22 kit for the AC556....THAT was a worthwhile endeavor.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 10:28:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Are you on UZItalk?

Someone had a upper posted on there a few weeks ago.

Link to listing. It sold for $259 with some mags last month.
View Quote
I am but don’t go there much.

I just checked and it was marked “sold pending funds” the end of July so I replied hoping.

Thanks anyway for the lead!
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 10:31:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

At all, or not yet?

I don't think I've ever had a mag dump complete with mine. I've polished things so it's nice and smooth, tried different recoil springs, every kind of ammo I could find, different extractors, different extractor springs, suppressor use, different styles of magazines, and even opened the ejection port a bit.

The biggest two improvements I saw were with a suppressor and remington golden ammo. But even then, I'd get a partial mag dump then a jam. It just got to be too frustrating, so got put on my shelf where it's sat for a decade.

Now the .22 kit for the AC556....THAT was a worthwhile endeavor.
View Quote
I’m waiting for my M16 receiver to get out of jail then I’ll try 22 in it but like to have options.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I have 1 for my 10/9 runs ok.
cci rn & supressor & good mag. I get it out once a year it's just a pain to load.
At the mg supressor shoot people thought it was cool hearing the ricochet & sound hitting cars.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 11:27:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Try one of these to make loading easier. They really work.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 11:18:52 AM EDT
[#12]
I have one.  Generally they are garbage.  I've fooled with mine over a decade and occasionally I can get it to run two or three mags without a hiccup.  If you have other options for 22 (you mentioned an M16) that will be a better choice.  The Uzi conversion (which I have) is also much better 22 conversion if you have an Uzi.

A good option for you is to buy the Lage 22 kit for the factory m11/9 upper and modify it or have it modified for operation in an M11A1.  I think a guy on Uzitalk was modifying them for pay.

If you absolutely must have a Fleming conversion, look for the later conversions.  The earlier conversions were the exact dimensions of the M11 and fit entirely within the frame.  The later versions had a longer upper and extended past the front of the frame. The later version give a bit more room to play around with the spring.  I've attached a picture of my later version.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 1:52:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the info, do you have a link or contact info for the guy converting Lage uppers to work?
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have one of the Fleming Subcal 22 units for my M11/9.   I bought it before Lage was even in business 15+ years ago at this point.

I had to tinker with mine to get it to work reliably but the three biggest reliability enhancements were installing a fixed ejector (vs. relying on the built in ejector on the ruger mags), adding a what Fleming called a "recoil enhancer" which was basically just a rifled barrel extension so you got more back pressure, and using a lightened sear spring so that sear didnt create as much drag when releasing the trigger and the bolt happened to be on its rearward stroke.

Overall with good ruger 10/22 magazines the kit runs really pretty well in my experience with a few mods and its nice that semi still works (unlike the full auto only Lage kits)   My M11/9 pretty much lived with the Fleming 22 kit installed for a decade or more until I got a Norrell conversion 10/22,  at which point I moved my M11/9 back to a 9MM setup.

Like most 22 conversion kits they can be finicky but at least in my experience can be made to run well with good mags and a few mods.  The good thing they have going for them is they are "open bolt" so you have zero bolt bounce issues to deal with like you do on many of the closed bolt 22lr conversion kits on the market for other platforms.

The other nice aspect was that the cyclic rate was pretty slow for a 22lr conversion.

Pic from probably 10+ years ago with the kit installed.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3567/m11_22-645254.JPG

Good luck on your search of a M11/380 kit.
View Quote
Tell me about the fixed ejector. Where did you get the part? How does it install? You can PM me if you want. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:55:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Tell me about the fixed ejector. Where did you get the part? How does it install? You can PM me if you want. Thanks!
View Quote
I made the part from some thin plate steel.  Its basically a bent and hand shaped "L"  piece of thin plate steel that was then soldered into the inside of the receiver using some of that low temp silver solder paste.

You also have to mod the bolt to mill a channel into the bottom for the ejector to ride in, while being careful to leave the firing pin intact.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Its is nothing fancy and was probably done 12+ years ago...but the fixed ejector basically cured my ejection issues and it ran reliably for a decade or more until it was retired.

Hope this helps
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top