Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2022 2:10:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#1]
A couple days ago I asked on the reloading discord if I should get a FART lite or a big FART and someone pointed me at the National Metallic as being basically the same thing for 1/2 price.

I'll probably still get the FART because I'm too lazy to find my midway login and a lot of places have the FART.

Plus I like saying FART

edit - definitely give an update if you get one. I really need to get a tumbler. I've just been washing brass in the sink - which doesn't really do much.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:59:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Dryflash, I have one and it works fine. Ended up throwing some PVC pipe in for smaller qty brass to get them to agitate better. No leaks to speak of so far.

Noisy so I keep it outside on a wood platform so if it does leak no harm, but none so far. Just don't get crazy cinching down the lid.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:57:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:44:27 PM EDT
[#4]
What else is needed to use this for case cleaning?

How many pins of what gage/size; what cleaning fluid; strainers; cleaning fluid storage; spare gaskets?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:52:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:24:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you are asking me, as this will be my third wet tumbler, I have what I need.
View Quote

Buying the tumbler without everything needed won't do me much good.  I could order it all at once, if I knew what was needed.

These clean the primer pocket and inside the case, correct?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:28:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
...These clean the primer pocket and inside the case, correct?
View Quote
Yes, if you use tumbling media (pins, etc.).
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:20:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine works fine. It doesn't seem to leak around the lid. To me it seems to turn a bit too fast but I don't have anything to compare it to. Seems to clean the brass tho.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:08:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I got one at that sale price this past week. Was looking to get a FART lite until I saw this deal and it has more capacity.

I did a test run the other night of almost 500 pieces of brass. 350 of them were 38 special and 150 were 223. Tumbler was loud as I expected but I had it running in another room. Lid sealed up tightly with no leaking. Brass came out looking decent at 2 hrs. Threw it in for another hour and it came out much shinier.

Primer pockets were about 75% clean but I'm not that picky about that since I had to remove crimps so I was going to service the primer pockets anyway.

Used 2 lbs of stainless, dawn and lemishine with hot water to about 3/4 capacity.

Also, made in China in case anyone was wondering.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:58:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:58:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Seems this has the same capacity as the large FART (7L). For only $50 I'm tempted to buy one just as a backup.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:38:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Skip getting lemshine. Get citrus acid. Exact same thing and cheaper.

I seen that they had them on clearance. Till I seen the extra 29$ in shipping.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#14]
The negative reviews (one star) repeatedly stated they leak and a decent seal could not be achieved.  Others had the lids fracture either on first use or shortly thereafter.  Still others said the noise was excessive.

No one disputed the functionality.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:09:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Still others said the noise was excessive. No one disputed the functionality.
View Quote

Yeah, I would agree with the noise, not very quiet, that's why I run it outside. Can throw a cardboard box

over it also to muffle it a bit.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 10:58:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I seen that they had them on clearance. Till I seen the extra 29$ in shipping.
View Quote

I must have got lucky because my order had 3 free shipping items. I added the tumbler which wasn't free shipping and was charged $5.80 for shipping (UPS ground).
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 11:33:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Haven’t had a problem with mine.  

No leaks noted.   Cleaned around 10k pieces of assorted rifle and pistol brass.  

No pins.   Just Lemi shine and dawn.   Woolite to remove lanolin lube.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 11:46:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I was surprised that the "rubber liner" in the description isn't there - the interior of the one piece hard plastic drum is colored black instead the the blue used outside.  That's probably why it's noisy, but still functional.  

I'm going to try using 1 mm jewelers' polishing balls instead of pins.  That's small enough that they can't block flash holes, probably won't bridge in case necks, and will probably reach the corners of the pockets.  It seems much less of a hassle than using pins.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 11:48:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top