Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2021 10:58:50 PM EDT
Any info is welcome as I may attempt this at some point.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:50:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any info is welcome as I may attempt this at some point.
View Quote

I would not do it. Parkerizing  is a poor  substrate.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:55:41 AM EDT
[#2]
From what I know of cerakote I don't think it will work.

Something like Moly Resin, however would work very well if the parkerizing is new or you can get it sufficiently degreased.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:27:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Be fine...as long as you media blast first. Cerakote really need to tooth. Aluma Hyde will work fine if you can't.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#4]
It depends on the method.  

Park job thats been oiled-  You might be able to get it setup to work but tough to say.  

Park job where you blast the part, clean it,  park tank it, post tank wash, bathe in acetone, then cerakote-  Works very well.   But this also works well with Duracoat, Norrels, and even alumahyde.    This route is best used with Norrels though.  

This is the next step on my MP5SD build in the HK sub forum.  I am waiting on my brownells park solution to get here to move forward.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top