Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2021 8:37:55 PM EDT
I saw a bunch of really awesome looking knives on ebay from various sellers. They seem like they must be coming from Pakistan. Some actually say they ship from Pakistan. Has anybody ordered a custom pakistan knife off eBay? Do they look as good as they do in the pictures?
Here's one I like.

It's $180. Seems like a lot for anything from Pakistan. I'd buy it if I knew it was as good as it looks.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#1]
If that was made by a decent custom knife maker, you would be looking at $1500 minimum with that piece.  There is more than $180 in good damascus in that blade.  Its your money though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a booth that shows up at local gun shows around here that sells knives sorta like that.  They do seem to be from pakistan or some place similar. It's likely carbon steel. (https://www.titan-intl.us/)

I bought two for a decent price (120); one cleaver style and one more traditional buck knife style. They are nicely made and interesting to look at. I can't say much about usage as it's a recent purchase.

For a decorative thing you probably can't go wrong.  I'll probably buy more next time I go to a gun show.

The one you are looking at is probably just for looking at, so I say go for it!
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If that was made by a decent custom knife maker, you would be looking at $1500 minimum with that piece.  There is more than $180 in good damascus in that blade.  Its your money though.
View Quote

Yeah, but depending on who made it it could just be a waste of $180 worth of damascus.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah, but depending on who made it it could just be a waste of $180 worth of damascus.
View Quote

Its probably all mild steel.  Not hardenable.  Just a guess though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:30:34 PM EDT
[#5]
There is a table of those knives at every large gun show. They are Paki
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:33:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Its probably all mild steel.  Not hardenable.  Just a guess though.
View Quote

Kinda my thoughts also. Any of this shit from overseas, you have no idea what's in it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:15:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Somebody on youtube tested one of those Damascus blades, it wasn't much better than cardboard.

I remember how around 35 years ago, the Damascus blades made here were about $100 per inch.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:30:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I doubt it is Damascus more likely folded metal.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 5:39:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is literally what damascus is.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 5:44:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 8:33:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

What's funny is I can buy a bear and sons Damascus bowie with 9" blade for $160 and it's made in the USA.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I have bought a couple.  They do look nice.

Great for display, but the steel is at best equivalent to that of a cheap machete.

They seem to have gone up quite a bit in price.  I don't remember exactly what I paid for them, but it definitely was not that high.

The dollar diminished in value the last few years though, in spite of gov't numbers showing otherwise.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top