Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2018 10:52:04 PM EDT
Hello, I have some ammo from someone who passed away recently. Their spouse said I could have it all and did not want any money for it, but if it has any value I would rather sell it and give them the money because I am sure they could use it.

Most of it looks like .223 some of it is stamped

WL 67
LC 72
LC 75
FC 68
TW 72
LC 69
TW 67
LC 73
WCC 79

There are probably more but it’s all mixed together.

Next .45

EC 43
WCC 42
WCC 71
W 77
FN 55 .45
WCC 43
EC 42
WCO 43
REM-UMC 45 AUTO
F A 18
F A 37
WRA 67

Again, probably more, but it’s all mixed together.

And a few pictures of odds and ends.

Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 11:01:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 11:07:48 PM EDT
[#2]
the factory ammo in boxes has value.
22's in boxes are valuable to certain people.

There are alot of old  cartridge collectors out there.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 11:44:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless its a rare, now pretty much unavailable round (like 351 Winchester for example), its not worth much, there may be someone out there who will pay a premium for the unopened boxes but the time & effort involved in trying to sell old ammo may not be worth it to you, check gunbroker to see what I mean.
i would just shoot the loose stuff & keep the unopened stuff for myself. Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 12:00:27 AM EDT
[#4]
The ammo with war time head stamps while not investment collectable is of interest as milsurp and retro accessory items.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 12:38:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like the vast majority of it is Mystery Reloads.

I wouldn't shoot them ( someones reloads I don't know )  that guy couldn't seat primers worth a $hit. Pull them down for components.

22 ammo not super collect-able in that condition. Shoot it or trade it.

Loose common WW2 date M2 Ball rounds not worth anything collector wise just shoot them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Bear in mind also a lot
Of the ,45 headstamps you noted would be corrosive ammo, if shot follow proper guidance for cleaning after firing corrosive ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top