Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2020 7:19:40 PM EDT
Never ordered from them before.  Just looking for some plinking stuff, and this is much cheaper than anywhere else I saw.  Good deal, or should I look at something else?

I intend to get some Gold Match once I get an optic.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/target-sports-usa-lake-city-762x51mm-nato-ammo-149-grain-full-metal-jacket-bulk-500-rounds-xm80cs-p-3346.aspx
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Steel core may be a problem in some applications.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Steel core may be a problem in some applications.
View Quote
I guess that was my next question.  Not sure if it was a true steel core that may be disallowed at some indoor ranges.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#3]
That ad is derp.

I bet its not steel CORE.

I bet its lead core with a steel jacket that has a thin copper jacket on top of the thicker steel jacket.

I betcha its this:

Link Posted: 2/14/2020 9:16:01 PM EDT
[#4]
If the bullet makes sparks when it hits the backstop, indoor ranges are gonna disallow it.

I doubt the soft steel jacket does any real damage to the backstop. But they have no way of knowing whether your bullets that attract a magnet are just cheap bullets, or whether they are actually AP.

Link Posted: 2/14/2020 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting.  So something like this would be ok?  I shoot the Malaysian L2A2 1980's surplus stuff out of my M1A with good results.

"Each can is neatly stenciled with the military markings. It features attributes such as a brass case, a non-corrosive berdan primer that is non-reloadable and a lead core bullet that has a magnetic bi-metal jacket."
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Steel-jacketed bullets with a copper jacket over top, and a lead core are perfectly fine for rec-fire.

It will NOT harm your rifle. Accuracy may be quite acceptable by comparison to copper-jacket/lead-core ball ammo.

I can sell you a bunch of the steel-jacketed bullets with a copper jacket over top, and a lead core (just the bullets - not loaded ammo) if you are interested. We have a LOT of it we received as a donation from an estate. 100% of the proceeds of the bullet-cartel bonanza go to support Camp Valor Outdoors (wounded warrior) marksmanship activities. Google Camp Valor if you are interested in what Camp Valor does. Message me if you need bullets.

Link Posted: 2/15/2020 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately, the bullets would be of no use to me since I don't reload.  Maybe one day.

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top