Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2019 2:34:03 PM EDT
I want a Delisle Carbine to go with my 2 sten guns. Does anyone know of a good smith doing these builds ?
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 4:10:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Enfield based? Special Interest Arms.

RIA 22TCM rifle based? SIA again.

Problem is... his webpage isn't responding right now. I dearly hope he's not gone out of business, seemed like a nice guy.

ETA: Did a little digging, he screwed a bunch of people.

ETA2: Maybe get a conversion from Rhineland/Troup and go from there? http://www.troupsystems.com/

ETA3: Yeah he doesn't make them anymore either. I'm out of ideas.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 11:30:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Enfield based? Special Interest Arms.

RIA 22TCM rifle based? SIA again.

Problem is... his webpage isn't responding right now. I dearly hope he's not gone out of business, seemed like a nice guy.

ETA: Did a little digging, he screwed a bunch of people.

ETA2: Maybe get a conversion from Rhineland/Troup and go from there? http://www.troupsystems.com/

ETA3: Yeah he doesn't make them anymore either. I'm out of ideas.
View Quote
SIA shut down.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

SIA shut down.
View Quote
I see that, yes. With the giant list of people who got screwed out of both product and money, I can't say I'm surprised. It's still a shame.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an approved Form 1, a Rhineland kit and a donor Mauser.    I just need to find some time to start fabricating.   When I do I'll make a thread on it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I did an integral mauser, off a Rhineland kit. Not modeled after the De Lisle, but a great build.
Build thread here.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 1:17:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Valkyrie Arms

Not sure if they’re still doing these or not but I understand they were decent conversions.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Valkyrie Arms

Not sure if they’re still doing these or not but I understand they were decent conversions.
View Quote
Is that the one run by a woman? I assume so because of the pink & purple text overload on the website. I couldn't remember the name but knowing how small the DeLisle world is, this has to be the place I'm thinking of.

I have an acquaintance that has one; out of the box it was having baffle strikes and the company that made it refused to look at it. He said, "That lady that runs the place doesn't care about supporting people she's already sold them to, just wants to sell them."

I diagnosed the baffle strikes in 5 minutes and the fix was super simple. I'm not a DeLisle expert so I don't know if they're all built like this, but the baffle stack in his is just a series of flat "washers" held in place by 2 threaded rods and a whole bunch of nuts. The spacing wasn't right and the nuts needed adjusted; the misaligned nuts were causing a stress on the rods that caused the baffle stack to bow to the side. The fact of the matter is, something so simply should have been caught before it was sent out. The fix was easy enough that any company worthy of any business would have taken it back and tweaked it as needed to get it to stop having baffle strikes.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 11:42:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Is that the one run by a woman? I assume so because of the pink & purple text overload on the website. I couldn't remember the name but knowing how small the DeLisle world is, this has to be the place I'm thinking of.

I have an acquaintance that has one; out of the box it was having baffle strikes and the company that made it refused to look at it. He said, "That lady that runs the place doesn't care about supporting people she's already sold them to, just wants to sell them."

I diagnosed the baffle strikes in 5 minutes and the fix was super simple. I'm not a DeLisle expert so I don't know if they're all built like this, but the baffle stack in his is just a series of flat "washers" held in place by 2 threaded rods and a whole bunch of nuts. The spacing wasn't right and the nuts needed adjusted; the misaligned nuts were causing a stress on the rods that caused the baffle stack to bow to the side. The fact of the matter is, something so simply should have been caught before it was sent out. The fix was easy enough that any company worthy of any business would have taken it back and tweaked it as needed to get it to stop having baffle strikes.
View Quote
Yeah,  I've heard so many mixed reports about their products.  Not to mention their hand cranked "minigun" they were saying was coming to market for 30k bucks.  But some said they got delisle carbines from then without any baffles installed.  Only good things I think I've heard is about their grease guns,  which are kinda weird themselves.  Everything else is hit or miss
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 8:45:17 AM EDT
[#9]
A guy about 2 miles from me built a few, but they were crazy prices even for hand-made UK kit.
As in, double the Valkyrie price, then add a bit more...!

Some time back a UK firm called Walter Gun Company was making them. They also made WelRod's = got one of the latter but was not impressed by it

The only DeLisle repro I tried was about 30 years ago & it had piss poor accuracy even on a 25 yard range - the problem with the original design is that the bullets have to pass through a rubber baffle at the muzzle...and I mean pass through, as instead of having an exit hole the baffle has some cuts through it (imagine that a clock face had 20 or so equally spaced minute hands)

Pity about SIA as I wanted to get one of their 1911 mag-well conversion units, plus maybe other parts of the DeLisle so I could assemble one here (no tax stamp required)
I've also been trying to fnd a Sterling SMG grip and folding stock assembly so IF I do go down the De Lisle route I can make mine as the airborne version

Plan B could be to make a copy of the original design = the .22 Browning Auto (take-down type), which he modified into a totally silent gun

A mate I used to knock around with reckoned he was a relative of the designer...same surname, so there may have been some vague blood connection
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 8:56:25 AM EDT
[#10]
There is a nice high rez pic set on a British museum site

the original was a garage build

The porksword is the modern version
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm building a modern version with a Remington 788, a .45 barrel and a monocore suppressor welded to the barrel to make it 16".  The customer wants a wood stock but I'm making a new set of bottom metal that will use Glock magazines.

The 788 is great for this as the bolt lugs are in the back of the bolt instead of the front like a modern bolt action.  No big gap for the short, stubby round to go over and try to feed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top