Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#1]
No one has comments? BTW, that handle looks like a bohica.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:04:34 AM EDT
[#2]
This is the only review I've found and it's not looking good.
I were the manufacturer I'd make sure it worked.
I'll look for more data.
Budget Mag-Fed .50 cal AR Upper: McCutchen MF-50M Review (Kinda)
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 2:04:39 PM EDT
[#3]
That bolt/bolt carrier/ handle design looks the same between this, the ZEL, the bohica etc. The mag and design looks just like an SHTF-50 mag fed..

Just strange.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 12:23:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#5]
IIRC, Serbu spawned Safety Harbor and Ligamec. Zel bought the rights to the design from Ligamec, then sold to McCutcheon. Ligamec is back at it  after taking a break.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was having this discussion with MrBen the other day, pretty sure the original designer/manufacturer of the SHTF upper sold the design to McCutchen. It may look somewhat like BOHICA'S bolt handle but it's in no way connected with them.

View Quote

BOHICA copied eveyone else at the time. It's just what I remembered they looked like.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 10:49:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a mag fed rifle. I have only fired it a few times. I cannot confirm long range accuracy. I have only fired it short distances. However I have never had a problem with it. No stuck cases but i am using Hornady A-Max and i have not had any malfunctions of any kind. I am using the factory supplied hammer/hammer spring combo and i have had 100% ignition everytime. I seen that video supplied above long time ago, i think they guy seemed a little too stubborn/hard headed and should have given the manufacturer a second chance to see why it screwed up and then did a 2 part review after the fix. Customer service has always responded fast to every question.

I dont think they are comparable to barrett but i do think they are better than alot of the low end manufacturer's.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#9]
My bohica upper required the heavy hammer the heavy spring and generally worked well. If there's drag on anything the BMG primers will not be set off
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top