Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:26:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Steiner make some interesting claims

e.g. DRI of 1800m and 450m for a human - the identification distance would be ~ 230m in this scenario.  What they don't tell you is its at a probability of ~ 50%.

The real DRI at 90% probability is 1030m, 260m and 130m.  

At the end of the day its a 12 micron pixel pitch unit.

The NETD is < 50mk - which is at the higher end given there are commercially available units with twice the thermal sensitivity e.g. NETD < 25mK.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:51:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Just with the couple hours I've spent behind mine with a razor 1-6x I'd say your DRI numbers are probably accurate.

Still I'm extremely pleased with it for the discounted price.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:41:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought batteries from Orbtronic.  $7.99 each with a free case with each pair purchased.

I bought a four channel charger from them, too.

Then I found the XTAR PB2S.  It is a combination fast charger and power bank.  It holds two 18650 (and other types) batteries and depending on how you hook it up, it either charges the batteries or lets you charge other devices from the installed batteries.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:47:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought batteries from Orbtronic.  $7.99 each with a free case with each pair purchased.

View Quote

Not trying to rain on your parade, Panasonic NCR18650G for $4.99 EA and cases are $0.50 each.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:57:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not trying to rain on your parade, Panasonic NCR18650G for $4.99 EA and cases are $0.50 each.
View Quote

I think I checked the 18650BatteryStore site and they weren't on sale at that time.  Nice pricing on those now.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:15:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think I checked the 18650BatteryStore site and they weren't on sale at that time.  Nice pricing on those now.
View Quote

I just grabbed some, seemed to be a good deal!

So what optic is everyone putting this in front of?

I had a nice Nikon on the shelf but once I got them together on my rifle it became clear my scope is too long...trying to not break the bank. The Vortex Razir 1-6 recommended earlier isn't in the budget right now.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I've put mine in front of 3 optics so far.  Razor II 1-6, Razor III 1-10, and a March 1-10.  

The March didn't have the clarity of the Razors but in hindsight that may be because it has parallax adjustment and I didn't think to try adjusting that, while the Razors are fixed.  It's primarily going to sit in front of the 1-6 because imo 6x magnification is about the limit of usefulness.  I want to try it in front of a 4x ACOG but don't want to rearrange to get the required rail space on that rifle.

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:18:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've put mine in front of 3 optics so far.  Razor II 1-6, Razor III 1-10, and a March 1-10.  

View Quote

Oof, I guess I'll go back to hanging out with the poor kids.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:58:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Put mine in front of Leupold MK4 1-4 and it looks great at 4x.

Planning to put it in front of Leupold 1.75-8 on a .22LR upper once I get the scope mounted.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a C35 inbound. Looking forward to comparing it to my Super Hogster.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 10:39:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The March didn't have the clarity of the Razors but in hindsight that may be because it has parallax adjustment and I didn't think to try adjusting that, while the Razors are fixed.  It's primarily going to sit in front of the 1-6 because imo 6x magnification is about the limit of usefulness.  I want to try it in front of a 4x ACOG but don't want to rearrange to get the required rail space on that rifle.

View Quote

Mounted mine in front of TA31.  C35 is far back (relatively) due to ACOG compact size.  So far no discernable POI change.  Seems like a nice pair.

As far as the C35, just got it but cant ask for more for the price, so far very happy
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 10:52:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Haha, I figured battery cases would be a good add-on to get me over $50 for free shipping (I also bought some other stuff). I now know that if you buy your batteries in pairs from 18650store they come packaged in a battery case. So I now have more cases than batteries. I'm a late adopter of the 18650 batts, the C35 is my first 18650 device. I skipped right over 18650, when I started going Li-ion for my lights I jumped right to 21700 batts.

Quoted:
So what optic is everyone putting this in front of?

I had a nice Nikon on the shelf but once I got them together on my rifle it became clear my scope is too long...trying to not break the bank. The Vortex Razir 1-6 recommended earlier isn't in the budget right now.

I can't hang with the fun kids so I opted for a Viper PST II. Some call it the poor man's Razor. I haven't got it on the rifle yet but I'm happy with quality so far. It's definitely fish-eyed at 1X at close range but I'm not going to be using it that close in (10 feet and closer is where I noticed it).
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 10:46:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine showed up today. This thing is as heavy as advertised. Aka really heavy. But it also feels solid. Not going to be able to run this and the Rugged Surge on the same gun.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:49:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Tag - got one on the way from DRT I think there's 13 left in stock at the discounted price! I hope the rebate works too.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Tag - got one on the way from DRT I think there's 13 left in stock at the discounted price! I hope the rebate works too.
View Quote

What is the discounted price on these?
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:24:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Silly question… has anyone tried using one of these in front of an Aimpoint Micro?  I’m just thinking about how many guns I could potentially use this on.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Silly question… has anyone tried using one of these in front of an Aimpoint Micro?  I’m just thinking about how many guns I could potentially use this on.
View Quote

I’d like to know also. And if so are there better options?
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 12:36:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What is the discounted price on these?
View Quote
$2450 if the $250 rebate is included....
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 1:20:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I submitted my rebate last night, but never got a confirmation email.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've used it in front of a HS503G which is the same footprint, worked great.  Magnifier helps with the BDC dots but that won't apply to an Aimpoint Micro.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I've used it in front of a HS503G which is the same footprint, worked great.  Magnifier helps with the BDC dots but that won't apply to an Aimpoint Micro.
View Quote

Any through the glass pics?
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You people are gonna cost me money….

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:17:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit. Posts like this are gonna make me try to scrape together $2,450 on the sly after spending 1k+ on a KP-9 and stock last week.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It took a couple days to get my confirmation.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It took a couple days to get my confirmation.
View Quote

Thanks actually got mine this evening.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:27:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Do peoples' digital zoom work?  I hit the "long press" up or down, no dice.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:53:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

There were 10 early today

7 as of 9pm tonight

Time I get my fn plastic they'll be out of them.

Great deal though
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 12:12:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Do peoples' digital zoom work?  I hit the "long press" up or down, no dice.
View Quote

That feature is a misprint in the manual.   It only applied to the S35 and I believe the H35.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Curse all of your souls.

Ordered.

Link Posted: 10/7/2022 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Curse all of your souls.

Ordered.

View Quote

One of the other arfcom curses

This place makes wallets run away yelping
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 4:44:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That feature is a misprint in the manual.   It only applied to the S35 and I believe the H35.
View Quote

Well shoot.  Oh well, still a good buy.  Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 4:34:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Just got mine delivered! For those that submitted a rebate form, where did you find the UPC on the packaging?  I didn't find one that lined up with the 3 upc codes on the rebate form. Am I screwed?
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just got mine delivered! For those that submitted a rebate form, where did you find the UPC on the packaging?  I didn't find one that lined up with the 3 upc codes on the rebate form. Am I screwed?
View Quote

On the back of the box. The bottom one that had "UPC" next to it.

Link Posted: 10/11/2022 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Mine did also not match their drop down, but I submitted anyway.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Finally got my review video finished up.... will actually launch friday but thought of you checking this thread might enjoy and early look. It's worth noting since filming this video my C35 has actually gone back to Steiner for replacement due to an issue apparently related to recoil.

Clip On Thermal Long Range- Steiner C35 In Action
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 9:40:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Finally got my review video finished up.... will actually launch friday but thought of you checking this thread might enjoy and early look. It's worth noting since filming this video my C35 has actually gone back to Steiner for replacement due to an issue apparently related to recoil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDlmkADzPmM
View Quote

What was your issue? Looked like you were shooting it off a 6.5 gas gun? I’ve only shot mine off a mk12.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 9:42:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

What was your issue? Looked like you were shooting it off a 6.5 gas gun? I’ve only shot mine off a mk12.
View Quote

The image started blurring out right at the time of the shot, then have to manually run a calibration to get it cleared back up. I've run this on my 6.5CM and .308 ARs. Of course it started doing this after I finished filming the review video.

Link Posted: 10/12/2022 8:22:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Keep us updated on what Steiner says and how the repair process goes.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Keep us updated on what Steiner says and how the repair process goes.
View Quote

They've been awesome, super impressed. I had a phone conversation monday where I explained my issue, they issued a prepaid return shipping label and said processing time is 2-4 weeks. They indicate they'll be sending me a replacement unit. Very happy with the support so far.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

The number for the rebate processing company is 800-619-4703. They told me I needed to wait 8 weeks from submission to ask about status though. Tag for later.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:41:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Mine is out for delivery. I cant wait! First thermal. Just got a USNV PVS 14 last month. This is addicting. LOL
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:12:42 PM EDT
[#42]
What optics is everyone using in front of their steiner? I'm realizing i don't really have any magnified optics appropriate for an AR, and considering the recoil rating,  I want to limit the use to 5.56. I'm considering an acog, ta31f or some kind of lpvo.

Of course now I'm super broke
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
What optics is everyone using in front of their steiner? I'm realizing i don't really have any magnified optics appropriate for an AR, and considering the recoil rating,  I want to limit the use to 5.56. I'm considering an acog, ta31f or some kind of lpvo.

View Quote

Here is mine in front of a 4-16x42 atacr. For what it’s with, a pulsar thermal scope could not resolve the thermal zero target on the left as anything other than a blob, but the c35 could see the center circle.

Mine mainly rides in front of a 1-8, since it gets pretty pixelated past 8-10x.

Edit: I took that pic with my phone camera through the occular, so that looked way better in person

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:28:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

That was some VERY IMPRESSIVE shooting!

I didn't think a Steiner C35 could be pushed that far out!  Thanks for making and sharing this awesome video!
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 3:34:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mine will get used in front of 1-6x and 1-4x LPVOs. I tried it on a base 6x magnification scope, and that was too much.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 11:38:34 AM EDT
[#46]
I haven’t put batteries in it yet but it sure looks cool on top of my Delta

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Does anyone have any idea on how to tighten the mount to a pic rail? When I install the C35 on my handguard's pic rail it has slight amount of play when I put force to the left or right. I checked the mount screws that the mount is installed on the C35 to see if they are loose and they are tight, I tried another pic rail handguard the C35 has no amount of play when I put force upon it in any direction.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 4:23:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Does anyone have any idea on how to tighten the mount to a pic rail? When I install the C35 on my handguard's pic rail it has slight amount of play when I put force to the left or right. I checked the mount screws that the mount is installed on the C35 to see if they are loose and they are tight, I tried another pic rail handguard the C35 has no amount of play when I put force upon it in any direction.
View Quote

I don't have one, but if the Pic Mount is Throw-Lever, check the other side for a captured nut. Open the lever and push in, then turn the nut one "flat" and check tension.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 12:33:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Great video dude.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Did y'all notice the S35 is also available now at nearly the same price after coupon

https://www.downrangethermal.com/product/steiner-s35/

ETA, kinda wish i bought this one instead just because i don't have a proper day scope to pair with the c35.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top