Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2018 3:12:01 PM EDT
Looking for an aftermarket stock for my RAR. I seen Boyds had one but that's all I've seen.
Any chance of modifying a 10/22 stock to work? I'm probably one of the last few people with out a 10/22 so I can't compare them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:32:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Stockys Stocks has one. MDT make a chassis for it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 11:31:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Boyd's, Stocky's Stocks, McMillian and MDT LSS-22 Chassis are the only options I know of currently.  I have been hoping Bell & Carlson would come out with one but nothing currently available from them.  Also, the 10/22 stock will not work with this barrel and action without major cutting and filling of the wood.  It's definitely not worth the effort to modify a 10/22 stock.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 3:43:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Boyd's, Stocky's Stocks, McMillian and MDT LSS-22 Chassis are the only options I know of currently.  I have been hoping Bell & Carlson would come out with one but nothing currently available from them.  Also, the 10/22 stock will not work with this barrel and action without major cutting and filling of the wood.  It's definitely not worth the effort to modify a 10/22 stock.
View Quote
@Pacodutaco

Do you have a link to the McMillan stock for the Ruger american rimfires? Because i have never seen any. That would make a great option for the RAR target.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

@Pacodutaco

Do you have a link to the McMillan stock for the Ruger american rimfires? Because i have never seen any. That would make a great option for the RAR target.
View Quote
It should be the Rimfire Magnum Varmint Model.  Here is a link but you will need to e-mail McMillian to verify they can inlet for the RAR but I believe they can.  This is the stock most people I know use for .22's unless it is for benchrest competition.

https://mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-rifle-stocks/hunting-stocks-additional-rimfire-mag-varmint/

Regards,

John
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone have the Boyd's At One on their RAR?  Considering picking one up for mine.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone have the Boyd's At One on their RAR?  Considering picking one up for mine.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/86377/B63C9516-BED2-4517-9DEA-D65EEFC21C1B-453745.JPG
View Quote
Broke down and bought an At One in pepper laminate today .  Will post pics when I get it on the gun.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I have wanted to put my Ruger American Rimfire Target rifle in a Boyd's Tacticool/ProVarmint stock.
The biggest challenge had been the rear bedding block.

The target models uses a different one then the standard models.

I tried to get Ruger to sell me one for the standard and they did ship me one, but I had to give them my rifles serial number and they sent me the same one I already had.
I fellow member on the Rimfire Forum ordered one using his serial number and mailed it to me... (Left one in the pic).

So I ordered the Boyds Tacticool/ProVarmint stock.

The Ruger OEM stock has metal pillars for the action screws. the Boyds does not. So I had to instal my own.

I found the perfect size at Home Dept

Cut them to size... and installed them using JB Weld

Once I sanded and repaint the stock (OD is my color....)

The finished product

A couple of notes
- You will need to sand the Barrel channel of the Boyds stock for the target barrel diameter.
- The Ruger Trigger guard does not fit the Boyds Stock, and the one they send you is plastic. So I purchased one from DIP Industries and is all metal and fits great, plus is slightly larger then the Ruger OEM for use with gloved hands for colder weather.

Overall, very happy with how it turned out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top