Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2020 1:46:16 AM EDT
I cannot keep up with Remi from bankruptcy.  Some outfit in TX purchased Remington.  Are they making shotguns yet?  I would like to a TACTICAl and  a Police and the MCS
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 1:49:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 2:22:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sadly none are back in production yet. I read where the new owners wanted to start production before the end of the year but no updates on that.
View Quote

That’s sad news.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 3:05:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Parts and accessories are pretty scarce too.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:59:25 AM EDT
[#4]
My son in law gave me a fairly new 870 to do some work on and alot of parts have started getting cheaper and plastic over a older model.
I suggest either find a nice older used 870 or go with a Mossberg.
Mossberg is a good company that stands behind their products.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:44:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Same boat here.  But used Remingtons are available out there.  You just have to be willing to pay the asking price or get lucky with a trade.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 5:04:36 PM EDT
[#6]
The new owners of Remington (Roundhill Group LLC.) are waiting for their FFL to be issued by the ATF. They expect it to be issued around Feb 1, 2021 with production resuming around Feb 15, 2021.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 5:12:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Rem will be back. They are sending/paying for certain employees to take CNC classes at local college to improve work force. Smaller but better trained type of thing. They(old staff) are still picketing out front, wanting what is owed to them.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Of note, Ammo and Firearms are separate now.  Any kind of 'parts' questions, I've simply been googling to find the exact part numbers and going from there; lots of resources out there.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:17:27 PM EDT
[#11]
272 on gunbroker.  Take your pick.  There’s at least six million in circulation
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Just picked up a used police trade in Police Magnum with Surefire fore end for $350 USD; pretty good shape, but need to redo the wood stock. They are out there
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:59:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Updated timelines.

https://www.wktv.com/content/news/Roundhill--573553701.html

ILION, N.Y. -- The company that now owns the Remington Arms assets in Ilion has obtained its federal firearms license.

Roundhill group, who bought Remington in Ilion last year, confirmed with NEWSChannel 2 that they received the license last week.

The plan is to open the plant in Ilion on Feb. 16 for maintenance. They are targeting March 1 for production to begin.

Roundhill Group partner, Richmond Italia, said the company plans to bring back 200 employees by the first day of production.

Italia says the company is working with the state to increase jobs at the Ilion facility.

"We're deep in negotations with the state, trying to come up with some sort of compromise to build a new facility," said Italia. "If we are able to come to terms and we do build a new facility, we will consolidate everything in New York, which will bring the company back to 800 to 1,000 employees, eventually."

They are also discussing opening a new facility in the parking lot of the current building.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Updated timelines.

https://www.wktv.com/content/news/Roundhill--573553701.html

ILION, N.Y. -- The company that now owns the Remington Arms assets in Ilion has obtained its federal firearms license.

Roundhill group, who bought Remington in Ilion last year, confirmed with NEWSChannel 2 that they received the license last week.

The plan is to open the plant in Ilion on Feb. 16 for maintenance. They are targeting March 1 for production to begin.

Roundhill Group partner, Richmond Italia, said the company plans to bring back 200 employees by the first day of production.

Italia says the company is working with the state to increase jobs at the Ilion facility.

"We're deep in negotations with the state, trying to come up with some sort of compromise to build a new facility," said Italia. "If we are able to come to terms and we do build a new facility, we will consolidate everything in New York, which will bring the company back to 800 to 1,000 employees, eventually."

They are also discussing opening a new facility in the parking lot of the current building.

Settling in NY is a huge mistake.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Hope those bastards make MCS foreends
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just picked up a used police trade in Police Magnum with Surefire fore end for $350 USD; pretty good shape, but need to redo the wood stock. They are out there
View Quote

Wow!
I’d buy that in a heartbeat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top