Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2017 8:44:31 PM EDT
Which pellets are the most accurate? Velocities?

I assume it will be JSBs of some sort. Standard JSBs or AA, FX, Edgun labeled JSBs? King Heavies or King Heavies MKII?
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have one; can't afford it, and bull pups are not my kind of rifles.  However, I am familiar with a couple of owners.  Part of your pellet choice is going to be what you want to do with it.  If your use is for 75 to 100 yards and beyond, the the JSB King Heavies are a better choice.  For closer general shooting, the JSB Kings are also very good and a bit cheaper.  Ted Biers, shot the JSB King Heavies last fall to win the Extreme Benchrest match.  The final is shot at 100 yards.

The one thing that the FX Impact is not, and why there are a number of bad reviews, a beginner's gun who wants something to shoot out of the box.  It is a self tuner's rifle.  The thing is somewhat complicated, and the manual must be read, understood and followed regarding tuning procedures.  Those bad reviews have been from folks who really should not own one of these.

However, being a tuner's rifle, one can get just about any quality pellet that fits the bore to shoot incredibly well. But, to do so will take a lot of shooting, and tweaking.  Each new lot of pellets may also require a slight tweak to get the performance where one wants as well.  Keep accurate notes on what you change and what the effects were.

There is a lot more to tuning than consistent velocity in the range that the pellets like.  There is a significant factor in getting the barrel and action vibrations to be minimized at the time the pellet leaves.  Also, you want to consider shot count per fill.  The lighter pellets generally will allow more shots per fill.  High velocities are not your friend in general. The thing will be capable of pushing pellets way too fast, but also too slow to be of much use too.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:49:41 PM EDT
[#2]
A guy brought one to the indoor range where I work........that's a badass air rifle.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 7:55:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess I'll figure it out shortly, the UPS tracking has the delivery scheduled for Tuesday. I've got plenty of JSB brand and rebranded JSB pellets to try.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#4]
The Impact arrived Tuesday. I played with it ( more like fought with it ) for three afternoons. What a piece of crap, varying FPS and chasing verticle POI change.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Impact arrived Tuesday. I played with it ( more like fought with it ) for three afternoons. What a piece of crap, varying FPS and chasing verticle POI change.
View Quote
AoA has had the Impact for over a week, hopefully, I hear from them soon.

Here is the last "group" I shot with it while waiting for the RMA and label

5 shots ( lowest, under the target sticker is the first shot ) with JSB 25.4 @ 35yds. Even the last 4 that are some what together suck for only 35yds

Link Posted: 9/23/2017 4:48:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I asked for a refund.

Received it back from AoA on Monday with a note basically saying nothing was wrong with it. After work, I tried to sight it in Monday & Tuesday with no luck, sprayed pellets and poi shift. Wednesday my last two groups showed promise. Friday my first group was 2" to the right of where it was shooting when I put it up Wednesday. Changed scopes and rings and still had the same problem. I put the scope back on my Marauder and had it sighted back in with only 3 shots.

Distance was only 35yds and I tried JSB Kings, King heavy and AA 25.4gr.

The dealer said they had to contact AoA for an RA. So now more waiting  I hope they don't try to charge a "restocking fee" for sending out a $2000 POS airgun
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 2:33:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry about your bad luck with the Impact. There are reports out about some Impacts having issues. I have a Kalibrgun Cricket .25, and it is one accurate gun. Ordered a Rapid Air Weapons HM1000X .25. There is a wait, as these pellet guns are assembled, and tested one at a time by the owner of the business. He has a handful of workers that do various jobs. The technical stuff is left to Martin.

Look RAW up, you might like them. Good luck.

Link, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w38NYylxpo
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sorry about your bad luck with the Impact. There are reports out about some Impacts having issues. I have a Kalibrgun Cricket .25, and it is one accurate gun. Ordered a Rapid Air Weapons HM1000X .25. There is a wait, as these pellet guns are assembled, and tested one at a time by the owner of the business. He has a handful of workers that do various jobs. The technical stuff is left to Martin.

View Quote
I have owned 2 in the past, a .22 H and a .177 T.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
I just emailed and asked for a refund. When that comes thru I am going to get the .25 Kalibrgun Cricket.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 4:25:20 PM EDT
[#10]
jag, I just thought of something. The screw/s that hold/tighten/secure the barrel to the frame MAY be loose, and need tightened. With stringing like that and not horizontal, it would be worth a look.
If you get a Cricket, ENJOY. Trigger adjustment is easy. The velocity can be adjusted a bit. I ordered a hammer spring kit, and it came with a chrome knob/adjuster with a hole in it so that there is an indicator to let you know the gun is cocked. Take care.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
jag, I just thought of something. The screw/s that hold/tighten/secure the barrel to the frame MAY be loose, and need tightened. With stringing like that and not horizontal, it would be worth a look.
If you get a Cricket, ENJOY. Trigger adjustment is easy. The velocity can be adjusted a bit. I ordered a hammer spring kit, and it came with a chrome knob/adjuster with a hole in it so that there is an indicator to let you know the gun is cocked. Take care.
View Quote
AoA has the gun now ( for the 2nd time ). The barrel tension screw is the first thing I checked, the probe set screw was the 2nd.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 5:20:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Hope the Cricket works for you. Mine came shooting hot, 945fps. I could shoot 4 mags and then fill the gun again. After a couple years I installed the hammer spring kit and a softer hammer spring. Set FPS to 883. Got a hair up my arse, and upped the speed again wanting to shoot the 34gr JSB`s. She is dialed in with the 25`s. Then ordered the RAW. 12 to 14 week wait. The RAW will get fed a diet of heavier pellets. I have H&N, JSB, Benjamin, and a tin or two of some odd ball pellets.

jag, I do not remember how many mags the Cricket comes with. I like to keep all 4 mags filled. If it does not come with 4 mags, maybe you will think about keeping 4 mags at the ready.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hope the Cricket works for you. Mine came shooting hot, 945fps. I could shoot 4 mags and then fill the gun again. After a couple years I installed the hammer spring kit and a softer hammer spring. Set FPS to 883. Got a hair up my arse, and upped the speed again wanting to shoot the 34gr JSB`s. She is dialed in with the 25`s. Then ordered the RAW. 12 to 14 week wait. The RAW will get fed a diet of heavier pellets. I have H&N, JSB, Benjamin, and a tin or two of some odd ball pellets.

jag, I do not remember how many mags the Cricket comes with. I like to keep all 4 mags filled. If it does not come with 4 mags, maybe you will think about keeping 4 mags at the ready.
View Quote
Thanks for the info. I have owned a .22 Cricket in the past. The only negative was the fill port restriction. I had to fight to fill it with my hand pump and it didn't take long before the pump died. I am planning on getting the Cricket from Georgia Airguns and have them open up the fill port/remove the restrictor.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 12:58:12 PM EDT
[#14]
My Cricket is a .25. I fill from a tank. No fill restrictions that I know of.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#15]
My FX Impact replacement.

.25cal. 25.4gr @ 960 fps.

I bought it from Georgia Airguns. It came with 4 mags, Crown Saver cleaning kit, male QC attached to the probe, a nice compartment plastic case with o-ings and each compartment labeled as to where the o-rings go, external power adjustment and the fill pot restriction adjusted. All at no extra charge. Also, there is a sheet laminated into the inside li of the box that has five targets shot with three different types of pellets along with velocities.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#16]
51.99 ft. lbs. energy, that'll drop some stuff.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 12:41:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
that's really disappointing to hear,  I have been lusting after one of these since Ted from Ted's Holdover started pimping it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My FX Impact replacement.

.25cal. 25.4gr @ 960 fps.

https://i.imgur.com/lpEE7Bm.jpg

I bought it from Georgia Airguns. It came with 4 mags, Crown Saver cleaning kit, male QC attached to the probe, a nice compartment plastic case with o-ings and each compartment labeled as to where the o-rings go, external power adjustment and the fill pot restriction adjusted. All at no extra charge. Also, there is a sheet laminated into the inside li of the box that has five targets shot with three different types of pellets along with velocities.
View Quote
interested to see how it shoots.....
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 7:04:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

interested to see how it shoots.....
View Quote
Clusters pellets into small groups and maintains POA/POI after sitting for weeks. It shoots the way I wanted the FX Impact to shoot.

The only negative is also a positive, you can turn off the mag indexing so to uncock it with a pellet loaded without double loading or having to remove the mag but you just have to learn to get the lever in the right position ( small distance between on & off ).
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 1:43:10 AM EDT
[#20]
jag, I try not to cock my Cricket unless a shot presents its self. My RAW should be here in a couple weeks. RAW HM1000x .25 LRT.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Clusters pellets into small groups and maintains POA/POI after sitting for weeks. It shoots the way I wanted the FX Impact to shoot.

The only negative is also a positive, you can turn off the mag indexing so to uncock it with a pellet loaded without double loading or having to remove the mag but you just have to learn to get the lever in the right position ( small distance between on & off ).
View Quote
Check out DonnyFL's replacment sideplate.   It makes mag replacement much easier and it's only $20.

Sideplate
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Check out DonnyFL's replacment sideplate.   It makes mag replacement much easier and it's only $20.

Sideplate
View Quote
Thanks!  Would you happen to know of someplace that has single shot tray/loader for the Cricket in stock?
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Thanks!  Would you happen to know of someplace that has single shot tray/loader for the Cricket in stock?
View Quote
Single Shot Tray

I adapted one of Michaels single shot units for my .177 Compact by finding some tubing with an OD that matched the .22 bore, then slowly sanding out the interior until the ID allowed the .177 pellet to slide in with little resistance.  I can tell you these adapters work great, but he does turn them out on a 3D printer so you may have to do some light sanding on the exterior.

ETA- I haven't seen him post on the Yellow for a while, so he may not be making these anymore.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Sorry to hear about your issues with your Impact OP.  The one I saw was amazing at 50 yards. 10 shot one hole groups were the norm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top