Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2022 7:23:59 PM EDT
Looking for any reviews, good or bad, on the Freedom Stencils. I’m planning on tiger striping a rifle that already has an OD cerakote base.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used them, they work fine. You do understand that you need to totally remove all traces of Cerakote and start all over don't you? The word "already" in your post concerns me. You can't put anything over cured Cerakote, not even more Cerakote.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Just finished up a rifle last week with the multicam ones and spray paint.
It turned out really nice.
Be patient when removing the negative side of the stencil sheet and try to pull it flat and diagonally and you'll be fine.

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#3]
You can't krylon/aervoe over it? I've done it on Duracoat.  Worked great.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 7:59:07 PM EDT
[#4]
It'll flake off pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Well that’s bad news but thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 3:30:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Another option is the Primary Arms reusable stencil.  I've got one of the multicam versions and it works well enough as long as you're not looking for crsip edges, which I wasn't.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks sandbox. That’s a good option I haven’t seen. Typically I’ve not been concerned with sharp lines and have cut my own stencils out of hard stock.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 12:26:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Also check out Branson Cerakote and Predator Ink for stencil options. I've been happy with their stencils too. I'm not an industry shill, I've just been satisfied with these companies.

https://predatorink.com/shop
https://bransoncerakote.com/product-category/products/stencils-patterns/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top