Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2018 12:41:56 AM EDT
Hey All,

I just picked up a used Dillon SL900 Shotshell press to go with me Dillon XL650 w/Mr Bullet Feeder.

Anyway, I need sone accessories for the press, I was hoping someone knew of a Dillon dealer that offers free shipping and or reasonable shipping?  Dillon’s shipping is a little steep and it seems most online dealers just quote the exact same price as ordering it from Dillon.

Unfortunitly, I don’t really have a local dealer.   The closest one’s are 45+ minutes away.

Thanks!

-Masta
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:04:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I think Dillon keeps a pretty tight price structure on their sellers.  I doubt you will find any that will vary much over the other.

I bet they have to sign a contract to carry Dillon products.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:14:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I have never seen a dealer for Dillon with free shipping.

Grafs has flat rate $7.95 of you need anything else.

I don't mind dillons prices in general but their shipping costs are beyond absurd. I bought a new case feeder adapter last week to round out a 300 blk 650 setup and it cost $18.20 plus $9.99 shipping... for a part maybe two inches long and three quarters of an inch wide.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:30:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Seems like when I bought my 1050 Brian Enos shipped free.  That's been 10+ years ago but it sure seems like he had free shipping on any Dillon press that was purchased from him.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:51:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is the deal when Brian Enos was dealing in Dillon he had a deal, he had everything dropped shipped from Dillon the only dealer they were doing that for.
So, if you have no overhead, do not pay the shipping from Dillon to your warehouse you can do things like offer free shipping and still make money.

The mark up on Dillon products is not very much.  Then factor in dealers pay for shipping from Dillon and then have CC charges.  So their end is not all that much!
And, imagine paying for shipping across the country from Mesa!  Dillon probably has a great contract with FedEx.  Small dealers do not have leverage.  
A lot of Dillon stuff can fit in flat rate boxes, but other stuff is not dense so to speak.  Say a case feeder comes in 14/14/14 box and weights about 10# it gets dinged for not being dense.

There is more to shipping then most you "Think" someone has to fetch the product, boxes to ship cost money, printers and labels cost money.  It is not just cost of postage or FedEx/UPS
So, there are many many vendors out there that have minimum order thresholds without incurring a service charge for a small order.
Not as straightforward as some of the supposedly enlightened parade around saying.

Graf is about the best option for non-dealers as previously stated.

And, if you have a dealer account at Graf you can get a bit of discount on items but dealers pay freight!

But, no dealer is going give you free shipping on small orders.  They would losing money!

Yes Dillon keeps a tight collar on dealers.

One potential one here in MN was advertising 20% off list.  This was so he could build up a large order so as to meet min order of $10 wholesale to be a dealer.  His little posting on a local gun board had him returning money paid up front soon there after....

Scheels a midwestern sports equipment dealer got throttled last fall for advertising 550 presses without the conversion kit  and a discounted price.  They got their noodle whipped for that.

Go look on amazon there is no dillon stuff hardly listed at retail price because Amazon takes too much money from the seller.............. inflated prices and with shipping included.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Graf's charges more than Dillon (MSRP), making their $7.95 shipping a wash.   I added the same items to the cart from Dillon and from Graf's and there was less than $1 difference (Though Graf's was less).

I can't believe Dillon has any dealers.   It doesn't seem like it would be worth it for dealers.   But I understand it's how Dillon keep's their prices outrageous.  They control the pricing and make it so that the dealers can't afford to sell things cheaper than MSRP or even at MSRP.

Dillon makes great equipment, but it is quickly becoming very unaffordable.  Almost $50 for a case feed plate, is absurd.

So what about any dealers that take Paypal?

Anyway,

Thanks,

-Masta
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#6]
After Brian gave up on Dillon I deal directly with Dillon now.

As a side note I have two unmodifided Hornady case feeder plates that work just fine with the Dillon case feeder for much less cost.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#7]
There's no such thing as free shipping.

If a dealer offers free shipping, he's building shipping costs into the total price you pay.

Since Dillon keeps their dealers on a tight leash,  there's no room for that.

However, if you need anything for your Dillon press, just call Dillon and say "I need these things" and ask for the price.

Odds are that they won't take your money but will send you the parts.   I've never been able to BUY a spare part for my XL650 from them!

I've called to order spares for parts that have not broken yet.   Still got them for free.  They would not let me pay for them!  
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 12:48:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I will be in their shop on Monday. If you want to send me the money, I will grab your stuff and put it in a flat rate box and send it to you.

They will charge me tax though. So factor in an additional 10% for that.

Just an offer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top