Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/23/2020 9:02:09 AM EDT
Hi,

I am eyeing a couple in stock DM kits.

The select titanium kit for use on a 308 rifle and the premium tuned kit for use on pistols 9-45.

Is there anyone out there with first hand experience?  How does it sound? How is fit?  Would you build it again? Did you order anything additional or only the kit as is?

First hand experience please. Not interested in hearing about your brothers friends stuff.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#1]
My experience so far with DM has been waiting for my kit to ship since the 10th.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 1:20:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My experience so far with DM has been waiting for my kit to ship since the 10th.
View Quote
Thanks, appreciate this. It’s unfortunate but I do expect a longer than quoted wait from them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I did one of the tuned kits.

I normally make my own cans with 416, gr 5 ti bar and gr 9 tube, and 17-4 but I have no issues with DM other than the wait. Beautiful baffles and as always perfect machining.  I knew they were GTG after buying some ti tubes from them in the past.  I'm half deaf but there is no difference between it and my commercial cans.  I'd post pics but my membership lapsed and it would cut into my tooling and ramen fund
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:07:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I did one of the tuned kits.

I normally make my own cans with 416, gr 5 ti bar and gr 9 tube, and 17-4 but I have no issues with DM other than the wait. Beautiful baffles and as always perfect machining.  I knew they were GTG after buying some ti tubes from them in the past.  I'm half deaf but there is no difference between it and my commercial cans.  I'd post pics but my membership lapsed and it would cut into my tooling and ramen fund
View Quote
Thank you, did you run it as it came or do a custom order?  Is this the radial version you bought?  Thanks again
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:32:59 AM EDT
[#5]
As it came, specs matched common advice of this and other suppressor forums, radials.  Only caveat is I machined my own 5/8 and 1/2 fixed thread adapters that are more shallow than the stock liberty ones.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Can anyone explain the difference between his premium and select series kits? I see the main difference might be that the the select tube ID isn't "bored" but what exactly does that mean? I mean I know what it means to bore a tube, but with respect to assembling it will an un-bored tube still need to be bored by the end user? Or will it be fine? I don't have any way to bore a tube so I'm wondering if that means it's better to buy a premium kit. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing a premium 22lr option.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Can anyone explain the difference between his premium and select series kits? I see the main difference might be that the the select tube ID isn't "bored" but what exactly does that mean? I mean I know what it means to bore a tube, but with respect to assembling it will an un-bored tube still need to be bored by the end user? Or will it be fine? I don't have any way to bore a tube so I'm wondering if that means it's better to buy a premium kit. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing a premium 22lr option.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
From DM's select titanium tube description:
The ID will be certified  +/- .003 of listed ID.
This means there is a chance your spacers/cups won't fit properly without some material removal on your end. The premium tubes should be what the ID says they are without variance.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 4:16:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

From DM's select titanium tube description:

This means there is a chance your spacers/cups won't fit properly without some material removal on your end. The premium tubes should be what the ID says they are without variance.
View Quote
This, and also the fact everything on the tube is square od/id and the threading in relation with each other.  So a baffle hole is concentric with the mount or cap holes, etc.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 4:38:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This, and also the fact everything on the tube is square od/id and the threading in relation with each other.  So a baffle hole is concentric with the mount or cap holes, etc.
View Quote
In other words, don’t cheap out. It’s money well spent if you don’t have the capability.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I own the select 22 kit. It is fine. A spacer or cup could have a tight fit but no issues here.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

In other words, don’t cheap out. It’s money well spent if you don’t have the capability.
View Quote
I'd be happy to buy a premium kit, but I don't see one offered. If there is a super secret handshake needed to buy one please let me know how to get initiated.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 1:29:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I have 2 of the ASR kits and one of the 22lr kits around here.  I cannot speak to the 22LR kit as its in a box of parts somewhere as a kit but the ASR (8,10") kits I have are well made and function as they should.  I did turn the 10" into a direct thread can as I got tired of buying and timing those damn dead air brakes.  I also have a Dead Air Sandman L for comparison.   The L is heavier than the 10" so the 10" can has left POI shift.  The factory unit is quieter which is expected but for the 10 month different in stamps I can stand a few DB's more.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#13]
If you buy a select kit, you won't have to do any work other than drilling, like you would with a premium kit.  The cones are just smaller in the select versus premium.  1.355" versus 1.372" on the 1.5" O.D. cans.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have 2 of the ASR kits and one of the 22lr kits around here.  I cannot speak to the 22LR kit as its in a box of parts somewhere as a kit but the ASR (8,10") kits I have are well made and function as they should.  I did turn the 10" into a direct thread can as I got tired of buying and timing those damn dead air brakes.  I also have a Dead Air Sandman L for comparison.   The L is heavier than the 10" so the 10" can has left POI shift.  The factory unit is quieter which is expected but for the 10 month different in stamps I can stand a few DB's more.
View Quote
Thanks for this. I went form 4 on the 30 cal. Still considering their tuned kit for use on a f1.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If you buy a select kit, you won't have to do any work other than drilling, like you would with a premium kit.  
It sounds like your saying the premium requires more work. Also, you're not clipping or DM already did it, for either kit?
The cones are just smaller in the select versus premium.  1.355" versus 1.372" on the 1.5" O.D. cans.
So the select kit has thicker walls and is, therefore, heavier?
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I have 2 rimfire, one 30 cap, and one 9mm, form 1 cans.
All built off DM "kits".
I'm a fan.
I clipped my baffles, drilled them, and cut spacers on my lathe and mill.
They all sound good.
I have other cans with which to compare them.
They all compare favorably.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:19:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have 2 rimfire, one 30 cap, and one 9mm, form 1 cans.
All built off DM "kits".
I'm a fan.
I clipped my baffles, drilled them, and cut spacers on my lathe and mill.
They all sound good.
I have other cans with which to compare them.
They all compare favorably.
View Quote
Thanks, mind telling me what kit you used for the 9mm? Is it on a carbine style rifle or you running a booster?
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 2:22:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you buy a select kit, you won't have to do any work other than drilling, like you would with a premium kit.
It sounds like your saying the premium requires more work. Also, you're not clipping or DM already did it, for either kit?
The cones are just smaller in the select versus premium. 1.355" versus 1.372" on the 1.5" O.D. cans.
So the select kit has thicker walls and is, therefore, heavier?
View Quote
I guess I could have worded that differently to keep from confusing you, or anyone else.

Both kits will need drilled/clipped.  Both kits will come with spacers pre-cut.

Select kits do have a smaller I.D. and are not bored straight like the premium kits are.  Weight wise...no idea.  Would the smaller O.D. spacers and smaller cones offset the difference?  
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#19]
I have the 22 titanium kit. It is a good performer and I am happy with it. I can't tell any difference from similarly sized commercial cans.

Not like 22 is hard to suppress, though.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 2:10:29 AM EDT
[#20]
I got a select titanium kit when it was the only thing in stock months ago, it's arriving tomorrow. I've never built one before so we'll see how it goes.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:05:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I got a select titanium kit when it was the only thing in stock months ago, it's arriving tomorrow. I've never built one before so we'll see how it goes.
View Quote
It took that long to ship?

I'm waiting on a select Ti kit ordered 1/21...
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 2:29:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
I ordered 1/10 and still haven't gotten any updates and no reply to my emails. Judging by other people's posts on various forums it seems hit or miss if they will actually reply to emails sent. Not a good way to run a business IMO.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I ordered 1/10 and still haven't gotten any updates and no reply to my emails. Judging by other people's posts on various forums it seems hit or miss if they will actually reply to emails sent. Not a good way to run a business IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered a Select Titanium for 22lr, and 2 Premium titanium kits on 01/24/2020. Haven't ordered from DM before but not exactly excited about the wait time when they showed "in-stock".

This is my first foray into the form 1 world.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:34:33 AM EDT
[#24]
From the DM web site:

"Shipping Times
All new orders being placed on the website will be processed within 12 business days. With the ever increasing volume in orders we are working hard to get caught up and get these delivery times shorten to 5 days.
For custom build orders you will be given a estimate for delivery."

I waited 15 days before emailing and got a reply the next day.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:48:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Does DM list their cups anywhere on their site, or are they only available in kits? I must be missing something...

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 1:19:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Does DM list their cups anywhere on their site, or are they only available in kits? I must be missing something...

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Kharn
On the DM home page:

Dividers are available as individual purchase

3 types to choose from  contact support for more information
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Thanks, mind telling me what kit you used for the 9mm? Is it on a carbine style rifle or you running a booster?
View Quote
At that time, I ordered the tube, end caps, and baffles. I don't recall there being a named Kit.
The baffles are 2 SS and 6 Ti for the 9mm
I use it on a GSG MP 40, An AR 9mm carbine, (SBR), and a Ruger 9mm PCC
It's a direct thread
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Still nothing from them, contemplating doing a charge back.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#29]
I ordered in stock items back on 1/31 and not a peep sense.  I'll give them another week and then cancel my order.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#30]
I ordered Jan 27th, and no communication. I've emailed two or three different emails and left voicemails. Anyone have any other contact info or ways to get a hold of them? I'm planning on canceling soon.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#31]
I’ve waited 3 or 4 months for items from DM. Usually not the case for in-stock items but they will hold the whole order up to fulfill lagging items.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:28:24 PM EDT
[#32]
@RogueHKMP5 still with them?

The dmsolventtraps.com domain is parked by godaddy, not sure if that incorporates their email server or not.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 12:02:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The dmsolventtraps.com domain is parked by godaddy, not sure if that incorporates their email server or not.
View Quote
The domain being parked would kill their email server, as they tell everyone to use @dmsolventtraps.com addresses when contacting them.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The domain being parked would kill their email server, as they tell everyone to use @dmsolventtraps.com addresses when contacting them.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn
Not good. I called the number to the domain registrant used and it goes to voice mail after a couple rings.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 7:02:50 PM EDT
[#35]
I had an order for 3 "in-stock" kits since 01/24, yesterday I did a dispute with my credit card company.

People have said they had long waits and that they still delivered, but I don't want to support such a poorly run company. Having over 1k tied up and  Not getting any communication or updates is sketchy. Especially when they say they ship in 12 days or less.

Someone on the form1 boards said he ordered spacers on February 7th and got them yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 2:47:05 PM EDT
[#36]
I just disputed the transaction. Not that I think my time or money is worth more than anyone else's, but zero communication is unacceptable to me.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 9:40:53 PM EDT
[#37]
So when you say drilled and clipped what does clipped mean?

I'm unfamiliar with that term
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 11:03:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So when you say drilled and clipped what does clipped mean?

I'm unfamiliar with that term
View Quote
Drilled means a round hole, a clip is any type of cut or bore into that hole to further strip gas and cause turbulence.  Do a Google image search for single baffle clip or dhc clip etc
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Plot Twist:

Chris contacted me and said that my order was ready to ship. I told him I would like to receive the product and to tell my credit card company that he will deliver the product and to accept the charge.

I also told him that it would be a good idea to have a little more communication. Told him he doesn't need to answer every e-mail, but a simple post on here saying kits will be delivered 5 weeks from order date would go a long way.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Plot Twist:

Chris contacted me and said that my order was ready to ship. I told him I would like to receive the product and to tell my credit card company that he will deliver the product and to accept the charge.

I also told him that it would be a good idea to have a little more communication. Told him he doesn't need to answer every e-mail, but a simple post on here saying kits will be delivered 5 weeks from order date would go a long way.
View Quote
I’m waiting on just an ASR tube and an end cap from 1/28. Was in stock when I ordered it. I emailed him with no response about a week ago. Hopefully it ships soon.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#41]
I got a tracking number and email from Chris today, parts enroute. Took about two months.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 8:51:26 PM EDT
[#42]
I ordered an “in stock” kit 2/13 and haven’t heard a peep about it since.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I got a tracking number and email from Chris today, parts enroute. Took about two months.
View Quote
Same here.  For parts that were "in stock"
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
I’ve called and emailed many, many times trying to buy from DM. So far no luck.
Where else should I look? I want a 5.56 kit.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 1:34:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I've called and emailed many, many times trying to buy from DM. So far no luck.
View Quote
Ecco Machine
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 11:25:12 PM EDT
[#46]
I ordered a DM kit in March and received it today.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 11:28:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SuperPrecisionConcepts has been good to me. Just read every single page on his site, because he has tidbits of information scattered everywhere vs in a centralized location.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 11:43:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I ordered a DM kit in March and received it today.
View Quote

Lucky you, today is two months for me, not a fucking peep by email or mail.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Lucky you, today is two months for me, not a fucking peep by email or mail.
View Quote
That's about how long it took for me.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#50]
A while back I bought the ASR kit with his funky K'ish style dividers.   I did not like them and didn't drill them out.  I'm actually on the look out right now to buy new internals.  I'm trying to decide between 60's or Radial's at the moment for 9mm.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top