Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2018 10:17:08 PM EDT
My family all got Red Ryders for Christmas a few years ago (thanks Dad-he bought a pile of the things) but mine shoots a full two inches to the left at 15 yards.  I can hit the beer can, I've gotten good at it, but I have to aim with the can not in my sights at all and there's no way to correct it.  Is there an inexpensive BB gun like the Red Ryder with sights adjustable for windage?  I just want occasional BB gun fun, not trying to break the bank, but have sights that let me be some kind of marksman.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#1]
ANSCHÜTZ
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:58:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:16:01 AM EDT
[#3]
How much do you want to pay?  There are 2 Daisy Avanti models that are tack drivers.  One(model 887) is a CO2 for about $500.  The other (model 753) is a single pump pneumatic for about $450.  Sights are pretty good.

Check Daisy outdoor products  https://www.daisy.com/catalog/rifles?catId=1

Haven't seen any at the CMP for a while,  Their rebuilt ones go for about $100
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:20:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I put one of these on my daughter's pellet rifle and I'm happy with it.

Amazon Product
  • LASERS, RED DOTS & IRON SIGHTS

Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Haven't seen any at the CMP for a while,  Their rebuilt ones go for about $100
View Quote
They are still there....I had two coming today, but I missed Fedex
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

www.amazon.com/dp/B0085V1R44
View Quote
How would I attach that to a Daisy?  Epoxy?
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ooh!  What if I epoxied a section of MagPul picatinny rail to it?  Then I could add a cheap red dot!
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Nevermind.  Found this scope mount.  Daisy 4-power scope is just $10 more.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:57:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't understand the reason Williams calls that a diopter sight, there is no lens as near as I can determine, and I couldn't find anyone selling a peep with a lens for those sights.  I didn't think to dig around in the dusty corners for a Redfield peep with a lens.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't understand the reason Williams calls that a diopter sight, there is no lens as near as I can determine, and I couldn't find anyone selling a peep with a lens for those sights.  I didn't think to dig around in the dusty corners for a Redfield peep with a lens.
Does a diopter sight by definition have some kind of lens? I've always thought the terms peep and diopter were interchangeable and both referred to this type of sight.

Obviously I'm no expert. My daughter just started shooting (she's 5) and I found she can shoot this type MUCH more easily than the stock dovetail, but aside from BUIS on my ARs I've never messed with stock irons before.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:02:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on the gun. The pellet rifle I bought had a standard dovetail mount.  I unscrewed the stock irons and mounted the new sight in a couple minutes with a screwdriver and Allen wrenches.

I like your idea of epoxying on some picatinny rails though.  May want to check the size though, I think they'd be too wide for that Williams.  I'd check for you, but the pellet rifle is in my travel trailer at deer camp.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:37:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Depends on the gun. The pellet rifle I bought had a standard dovetail mount.  I unscrewed the stock irons and mounted the new sight in a couple minutes with a screwdriver and Allen wrenches.

I like your idea of epoxying on some picatinny rails though.  May want to check the size though, I think they'd be too wide for that Williams.  I'd check for you, but the pellet rifle is in my travel trailer at deer camp.  
View Quote
If I went the Picatinny route my Red Ryder would be wearing an AimPoint!
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 7:17:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like your idea of epoxying on some picatinny rails though.  May want to check the size though, I think they'd be too wide for that Williams.  I'd check for you, but the pellet rifle is in my tra7vel trailer at deer camp.  
Lol.

But I'd shoot it
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Update:

So I bought the cheap rail and Daisy 4X15 scope and they made no difference at all.  Ran out of both windage and elevation and my Red Ryder is still shooting about 2" low and 2" right at 25 feet.  Not only no improvement but almost no change at all.  Luckily, not an expensive experiment.

I think I'm just going to get a Crossman 2100 - it has a windage adjustable rear sight.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:37:05 PM EDT
[#15]
BY the way, someone DOES make a picatinny rail for the Red Ryder:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/UCRBKRAW7/red-ryder-picatinny-scope-rail-mount

Link Posted: 2/3/2019 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top