Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2023 11:31:16 AM EDT
I don't know if here or the PCC forum would be better but I'm looking for input on any guys doing/have done a .45 ACP conversion on an Enfield/Mauser ala Delisle that can share their experience. I'd love a suppressed .45 bolt gun and have been eyeballing the Rhineland parts.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:08:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I've done a Rhineland into 45ACP and later rechambered it to 45WM.
Integrally suppressed.

I'd post some pics but my image hosting site is currently down.
Wait, here's a link to the build on ST.

IIRC, Brad Pearson (?) was going to do one (I think I sold my spare kit to him)
Another member (can't remember his @ here), John A., did a pretty good Delisle replica, bent plate baffles and all.

Post or move this to the form 1 section, better traction.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 1:45:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've done a Rhineland into 45ACP and later rechambered it to 45WM.
Integrally suppressed.

I'd post some pics but my image hosting site is currently down.
Wait, here's a link to the build on ST.

IIRC, Brad Pearson (?) was going to do one (I think I sold my spare kit to him)
Another member (can't remember his @ here), John A., did a pretty good Delisle replica, bent plate baffles and all.

Post or move this to the form 1 section, better traction.
View Quote

I may pursue a F1 can for it down the road but my initial interest is getting a rifle up and running and using an existing can (Obsidian 45) before going down the rabbit hole.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:I may pursue a F1 can for it down the road but my initial interest is getting a rifle up and running and using an existing can (Obsidian 45) before going down the rabbit hole.
View Quote

Understood.
The Rhineland kit went together easily and the directions were straight forward.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 9:07:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Please post pics of the setup.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 4:46:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Rhinelander kit on a ratty #4 that was already in a synthetic stock.

Barrel wouldn't screw in all the way to the internal receiver shoulder, ended up peeling off the OD of two threads to get it all the way in.

Wasn't overly impressed with the barrel nut that came with the kit.  Started looking at a Model 1 float tube in the parts bin.

Machined a new barrel nut with the OD and threads for the Model 1 float tube.

Not particularly impressed with the way it feeds, but haven't but much effort forth yet on that end.

Front sight is going to have to be pretty short if I run this as is.  Mocked up a front post with the printer that slid over the tube to get me on paper.  Maybe recut the barrel nut for a smaller tube ID/OD and add a rail.

It is reasonably accurate with the as issued rear sight and a .100" wide front sight.  

Really think I'd rather do it again with the barrel back into the action further and shorten the bolt up.

Or, if I can get these fellows to sell me a 9mm and 45 ACP bolt head, I'd like to try with a Remington style extractor and ejector or maybe better yet see if I can get Kiff to make me one with a Savage style sliding extractor.  They were pretty decent about telling me they had them in stock, no response after asking to ship to US.

Craig Whitsey Gunmakers Ltd.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quieter than a bow and arrow and almost as flat shooting
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Im having a De Lisle built by Cotton Branch from a No1 Mk3. My gun is being built now, my friends gun was the one before mine, and just arrived. It is simply beautiful

Not cheap by any means, but if you really want something De Lisle esque, go for the real deal
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Im having a De Lisle built by Cotton Branch from a No1 Mk3. My gun is being built now, my friends gun was the one before mine, and just arrived. It is simply beautiful

Not cheap by any means, but if you really want something De Lisle esque, go for the real deal
View Quote

I've seen their work and it is impressive. I just don't know if I want to bite all that off at the moment.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 10:36:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got both Enfield and Mauser in .45.

Most fun ever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNzChFD9s7k&ab_channel=SilentCarbine

Link Posted: 2/17/2023 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've got both Enfield and Mauser in .45.

Most fun ever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNzChFD9s7k&ab_channel=SilentCarbine

View Quote

Can you share details on your builds?
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 10:52:42 PM EDT
[#11]
My former employer built a modern version out of a Savage Axis with a 1911 mags.. He built about a dozen. They are a hoot to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Can you share details on your builds?
View Quote

Enfield is from Special Interest Arms Navada. I believe he is retired now. It is a “modernized” DeLisle with a concentric baffled integral suppressor. The thin wall steel suppressor tube is 16” and welded to the receiver to keep it a one stamp. The barrel is ported and about 9” in length. I sent him a Boyd laminate stock for him to fit as well. It is so nice. I should have ordered a DeLisle replica at the same time as well.

The Mauser conversion I did myself during the wait for the “45 Silent Carbine”. It is a Rhinland arms conversion. I did a 16” barrel threaded and used aluminum tube to appear like an integral. My form 1 silencer matched the OD.

Now that I have the Enfield. I plan to cut the action of the Mauser down to shorten it for .45. More of a project interest l than anything.

Link Posted: 2/26/2023 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Well got 3 "incomplete" drill rifles from century ordered. Had flashbacks of adding a 91/30 to an order for free shipping because it wasn't much more than the shipping costs.

Waiting till they get in to see what parts they need.  Might need new bolts and strikers, description said safety's may be missing. Kinda want to replace the striker and cocking pieces for No4 ones as they're not an obscure thread pitch and they need to be shortened.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top