Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2018 10:04:49 PM EDT
Is the OAL of a scorpion with brace measured with the brace folded or unfolded?

Specifically the tailhook, (which is adjustable) would this be measured all the way out or in? Or would it depend on the relative configuration?

Are VFGs still good to go on pistols? (So long as the OAL is 26” or greater and has a LOP of 13” or more)

OR should I just bypass the BS and get a “foregrip” similar to the one in picture below?

Attachment Attached File

I hate having to keep up with the ATF antics, sorry for what are probably stupid questions. Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide answers
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not recall if the tailhook can do a LOP to meet 26", but I tried it with my old blade and it was too long. Not worth the sacrafice to use the PG.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#2]
OAL of a pistol or ''firearm'' with an arm brace is measured from the muzzle or permanently installed muzzle device to the rear of the arm brace fully extended. If the brace folds, the weapon is measured with the brace folded, ( muzzle to rear of hinge).
A plain ''firearm'' can be made by adding a front grip to a pistol that is 26'' or greater OAL (measured as stated above).
An arm brace should not exceed 13.5'' LOP.
ATF has stated a vertical grip is distinguished by being perpendicular 90 degrees to the bore. If a grip is not perpendicular 90 degrees to the bore it is considered as an angled grip. An angled front grip is fine to use on a pistol no matter the OAL, only a vertical grip requires 26'' or greater OAL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top