Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2020 4:09:10 AM EDT
Not a fan of cerakote and I'm trying to do a black and silver build.

At this point, several of the parts I want in silver/chrome/nickel simply aren't available in anything but black.

Does anyone know if you can anodize on top of existing anodizing or do they have to blast off the old stuff?  I'm thinking of having all the silver parts anodized to ensure a similar finish.

Any expert opinions or prior experience?
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:27:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Not a fan of cerakote and I'm trying to do a black and silver build.

At this point, several of the parts I want in silver/chrome/nickel simply aren't available in anything but black.

Does anyone know if you can anodize on top of existing anodizing or do they have to blast off the old stuff?  I'm thinking of having all the silver parts anodized to ensure a similar finish.

Any expert opinions or prior experience?
View Quote
blast/chemically remove

Or you can get raw receivers and anno them yourself at home skipping the dye bath part.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:41:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Don’t mean to hijack but who does hard anodizing? I need to have a winch thimble done
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:53:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
blast/chemically remove

Or you can get raw receivers and anno them yourself at home skipping the dye bath part.
View Quote
Good to know, thanks.  It's not the receivers, but the buttons, port cover, end plate, etc.  Most are black ano with no other option offered.  Even requested raw from mfrs and they all say no.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Don’t mean to hijack but who does hard anodizing? I need to have a winch thimble done
View Quote
There are a surprising number of anodizing companies around St. Louis.

https://archwayanodize.com/contact-us/
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 12:55:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

There are a surprising number of anodizing companies around St. Louis.

https://archwayanodize.com/contact-us/
View Quote

Didn’t realize anyone responded to me thank you sir!
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 1:00:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Good to know, thanks.  It's not the receivers, but the buttons, port cover, end plate, etc.  Most are black ano with no other option offered.  Even requested raw from mfrs and they all say no.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
blast/chemically remove

Most of those parts are steel, not aluminum, and therefore can’t be anodized.

Most of those parts can, however, be purchased from WMD with a NiB (silver) coating.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Brand+WMD-Guns
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top