Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 2/4/2021 12:50:04 PM EDT
I could find nothing with the search function so my apologies if this subject has already been covered ad nauseum.  

I'm prepping 50bmg brass many years ago for reloads, and would like to anneal the neck/shoulder.  I plan to use a Ken Light BC1000 to achieve a recommended time/temperature condition.  Problem is...what is the correct time/temp to achieve the proper annealing??  I believe that Lake City must process their cases in seconds, but have not been able to get details on it.  If anyone has any recommendations, I'd be grateful to read them.  I'm not in a position to acquire a different annealer (e.g., AMP) but if anyone has IR thermometer (e.g., Harbor Freright laser therm) results on the exact temps measured immediately after treatment, that information could be helpful.

Thanks for any information.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 7:17:24 PM EDT
[#2]
You can use some 750deg Tempilaq indicator paint to determine timing.
I used to have one of those, but since switched to a Giraud.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:35:15 PM EDT
[#3]
No temperature measuring device will help in the way that simply using the tempilaq will. Its purposely engineered for doing exactly what you need to do.

On bmg I might be inclined to keep it simple and do it by hand.

Another consideration, the flame is never the same. You'll find variance between each time you set it up so the tempilaq is done each time I set it up.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:50:46 AM EDT
[#4]
there were many reasons why i picked up the Annealing made perfect machine...
this was one of them.
easy changing between calibers. and consistency
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top