Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
11/2/2022 4:30:06 PM
Posted: 11/21/2021 10:51:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: Diz]
Here is the Wilcox L4 G24 system

Attachment Attached File

Ok I ain't gonna lie, this stuff is expensive but I do love it.

Attachment Attached File

Notice I now have the Wilcox (powered) -14 arm.  It places the unit closer to your eye, so just depends on what works for you.  Also notice I have the Wilcox IR filter around back.  This prevents "racoon eye" when running without the eye cup, which is basically the way everyone I know runs it.  In the humid SE, it's just a No Go.  If you wear safety glasses, as much as possible, then the rubber bumper sits nicely against the lenses, creating another point of contact, to relieve pressure on your neck.  But the filter does darken things down a bit, so it's a judgement call for when it's needed, or not.  Currently, I don't run it as much.  

Speaking of pressure on your neck, you might also notice a counter/weight pouch around back.  This really helps out a lot on long patrols; I find that extra weight, balanced fore and aft, is better than weight just hanging off the front.

Also notice I have gone back to traditional 2-piece bungees.  I still like to use them, even on this system.    Some other things.  Opscore rails.  Unity Tactical hangers.  Peltor comms.  And Core Helstar strobe.  Some guys poo-poo these, but I think they are essential for NV training.  A constant-On IR light lets instructors see where everybody is at, at all times.  If it's too bright, surgical tape will calm it down.

Attachment Attached File

Another shot of the C/W pouch.  This one has flaps on either end, to pull out "tray", which is web and elastic batt holder.  Lots of different models out there.  Some hold combinations of lead weights and batts.  Whatever it takes to balance your load.  Also note I have rigged muff wires externally and fastened beneath pouch.  PTT jack sits atop when not needed.
missing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top