Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2023 11:41:37 AM EDT
Both are TL15 Safes, on made in Vietnam, the other in the US.  Beyond that what’s the $2-3k difference?  I assume mechanical locks can be put on either?
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:02:34 PM EDT
[#1]
CE models are putty color and made in the USA
CEV basically the same thing made offshore in black - only available with the ESL lock

IF you can find one...
I believe the MAX6528 is the same as the CEV but maybe a different supplier they no longer use?
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, assume a switch from ESL to mechanical lock can be done?
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 11:56:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, assume a switch from ESL to mechanical lock can be done?
View Quote

I haven't seen the inside but yes, I'd assume so
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 2:12:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Well saw a CEV 6528 today, odd there were two pencil size holes in the rear at upper right and lower left?  Why would there be holes ?  Dealer was thinking sensor wire?  Just seems odd.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Openings for alarm system cables are not uncommon. In this case there should also be some preparations to pass cables into the safe door, because that is where most of the sensors and mechanisms would be. It is also possible, that they are meant to be for power cables, e.g. lamps, charging notebooks or the famous golden rod. In both cases I would have expected to find this feature in the marketing material, but I can't find it anywhere.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Exactly what I was thinking, won’t that somewhat compromise fire resistance?
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Fire safes is nothing I am very familiar with. The safes I used has no fire rating, but all cable holes are not fully drilled, but this is for burglary security. The safes with a fire rating we had, had one predrilled hole in the rear. For proper fire security filling the gap around the cable with some fireproof sealant would have probably been a good idea.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Exactly what I was thinking, won’t that somewhat compromise fire resistance?
View Quote

I'm just an idiot on the end of a keyboard so take my answer with a grain of salt

Those small holes should not impact fire resistance.   The safe will be "making" enough steam to account for them.   Might actually be a good thing if the door seal does too good of a job.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 12:12:37 PM EDT
[#9]
He confirmed with AmSec that these are for sensor wires and will have zero impact on fire.   I went ahead and picked it up.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He confirmed with AmSec that these are for sensor wires and will have zero impact on fire.   I went ahead and picked it up.
View Quote

Sweet!    Mind telling us (me) how much you paid for it?   Did you get it from a local dealer?
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 11:23:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Just sent you a PM.  Also had them switch the electric lock to a S&G mechanical lock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top