Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2020 1:47:11 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

So I'm intending ~50% 300Blackout supersonics, ~25% 5.56 supersonics, ~15% 300 Blackout subsonics, and ~10% 308.

How does this design look? Parts are either in-hand or on order, and I'm stuck in a paralysis-by-analysis loop reading the Form1 board with everyone trying to eek out every last bit of perfection.  No spacers have been cut so I can revise those dimensions, but I do not have a lathe, so cutting the skirts from their 0.750" would be a challenge.

Wife will kill me if she finds out how much this build has spiraled out of control and cost.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm no professional builder by any means.
The ones I have built sound better by spacing a little bit more towards the end.
I have personally tested this.
Here's one:  8" Cal: .30    MUZZLE BC 1.893  1-.780  2-.780  3-.750  4-.765  5-.625 6-.495 7-.493 8-.562 ENDCAP
This is the one Rusty built for me:  6" Cal: .30      MUZZLE BC 1.200  1-.725  2-.715  3-.514  4-.361  5-.514 ENDCAP

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#2]
What if we went retarded with the beer flu bucks?

Supers can:

Subs can:

I would need the 4.5" tube, end cap, 3 titanium cups, and stamp. (The math is wrong between the sheets because I actually have an 8th divider I forgot about)

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Judging by the picture of the super can, it looks like you're using a maverick tube?
Those should both sound pretty damn good I would imagine.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I will say purpose built cans should perform a lot better then your "compromise" can.

Like having the right blast chamber size for the super can.  Details like this are what makes a difference and should make you happier.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Now I'm thinking about shaving some weight.

My current assembly is 16.5oz with the YHM QD mount before anything is modified, thanks to the steel Pure Precision cones being 1.5oz each:

If I remove the two untreated steel cones and switch to titanium (Maverick step cones or SPC's new 60deg cones?), I should cut some weight. Mocking it up with four SPC Pro dividers to match the TI cones' shorter skirts, it would cut the weight to 15oz.

Still too heavy? Or keep the steel since this can will be supers most of the time?

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#6]
My last builds have all used two 60d scoop larger spacing (.75-.625 depending), followed Mav steps DHC at .5 for Howver many fit , .375 second to last then .25, end cap. Great design and works very very well.

My last used a RSC instead of a step for the last but not sure if it did anything better or worse since I don’t have another comparable build to be apples to apples.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top