Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2020 4:27:39 PM EDT
I have a desire for a FAL even though somehow I have yet to fire one. I think it would be cool to build one and Imbel kits are still available though I might want to have the barrel cut to 18in.

Are the cheaper DSA cast receivers that bad though? Other recommended receivers are unobtainium right now and the idea is that this would be the first build as a trial balloon.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:20:28 PM EDT
[#1]
They have had some issues.....for an Imbel build use an Imbel receiver...
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 1:08:48 AM EDT
[#3]
DSA now offers forged receivers as well. Both will probably need some work for a parts kit to fit properly unless you source most of your parts from DSA.

Link Posted: 8/31/2020 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DSA now offers forged receivers as well. Both will probably need some work for a parts kit to fit properly unless you source most of your parts from DSA.

View Quote

Ya but those have been OOS for months.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 9:30:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a couple rifles I built on DSA cast receivers. They went together without incident.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 10:46:05 AM EDT
[#6]
The DSA issues are largely a thing of the past IMHO

Ive used their receivers(mine are forged however from circa 2015). Ive used their barrels and bolts. Even their mags have worked well for me
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I've only had a couple minor issues with two of the last three receivers I bought, and DSA took care of them both satisfactorily- covering shipping, barreling and headspacing. All functioned perfectly upon final receipt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top