Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2018 7:08:39 PM EDT
Well, Liberty discontinued the SafElert.  The company that actually manages it said they don't know if Liberty will renew the contract after it expires in August 2019.  I figured this would happen after everyone bitched about a nominal fee, which left Liberty paying for the servers with no income to cover the cost.

Anyway, does anyone know of another way to incorporate humidity, temperature, and motion sensors in a way that sends this data to a cell phone?
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#1]
What is your source for the info? I like my Safelert.
I’m sure it is possible to do a Raspberry Pi to do the motoring, but it would need a power source and programming.

I found an article if you are mainly worried about the security: http://mycleverhouse.com/6-reasons-why-liberty-safelert-inferior-nest-cam-gun-safe-monitoring/

I recently help a friend install a blink camera system that seems to work well, but you’re back to limited free monitoring or paying a monthly fee.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 11:49:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is your source for the info? I like my Safelert.
I'm sure it is possible to do a Raspberry Pi to do the motoring, but it would need a power source and programming.

I found an article if you are mainly worried about the security: http://mycleverhouse.com/6-reasons-why-liberty-safelert-inferior-nest-cam-gun-safe-monitoring/

I recently help a friend install a blink camera system that seems to work well, but you're back to limited free monitoring or paying a monthly fee.
View Quote
straight from the horse's mouth
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 5:11:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a job for an arduino with a weather shield posting via wifi to a thingsboard server on a rPi or other PC.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 10:16:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Clearly a solution for the masses.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 10:37:02 PM EDT
[#5]
You could probably do it with a z-wave sensor, I have one z-wave sensor that lets me know the amount of light, humidity, and the temperature.  It's pretty small too.  You'd need a z-wave hub too if you don't have one.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 3:03:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You could probably do it with a z-wave sensor, I have one z-wave sensor that lets me know the amount of light, humidity, and the temperature.  It's pretty small too.  You'd need a z-wave hub too if you don't have one.
View Quote
That could be helpful.  I'm thinking about installing a Qolsys IQ 2 alarm system.  The panel has a built-in Z-wave plus hub.  Do you know the model of the sensor?

I say "could be" because the TL-30 safe it's going in is 4700 pounds of concrete and steel.  It might need a sensor w/ an external antenna.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 12:18:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I use the Abode Temperature, Humidity, & Light Sensor, 104024/A.  But I know there are other brands that might do what you want too - I looked at Amazon and they have a few that also add motion -
Amazon Product
  • 6-in-1 Z-Wave Plus MultiSensor: motion, humidity, temperature, light lux, UV, vibration sensor.
  • 2 year battery life
  • Super-small at 1.8 inches. Can be installed in corner, in-wall, on shelf or in downlight.

Link Posted: 10/18/2018 3:56:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I use the Abode Temperature, Humidity, & Light Sensor, 104024/A.  But I know there are other brands that might do what you want too - I looked at Amazon and they have a few that also add motion - www.amazon.com/dp/B0151Z8ZQY
View Quote
Thanks. I'll take a look.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 5:06:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I use z wave multi sensors

the safert works ( have that too ) because you can run a wifi antenna to outside the safe.

going to need to attach an external antenna to the zwave sensor

it should be doable
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top