Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2020 11:15:37 AM EDT
Anybody have any updated amazon links for alignment rods? Just got my suppressor last week.
Looking for some ready to go without modifications to fit.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 5:29:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I got mine from surefire
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 6:03:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:01:24 AM EDT
[#3]
McMaster-Carr Drill rod blanks, I bought one for my .330 BO and it worked fine.
Google for the right size for your caliber, I used .2969 and it was tight enough to follow the rifling slightly when inserting.
It was under 7 bucks but shipping was something like $21, so order one in every caliber you have a can in.

McMaster-Carr
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#4]
My McMaster rods work great. Rounded off the ends and polished them up first.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 10:23:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Bought mine from Surefire

There is one of me born every second
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 10:25:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I got one of these before, and right it the box it is bent... rolling it on a flat surface confirmed...junk.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:28:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My McMaster rods work great. Rounded off the ends and polished them up first.
View Quote

Ditto.  And only 5 beans.

I heard they might come bent, so I ordered two, but both turned out to be perfectly straight.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 3:12:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Or Geissele.

View Quote

Surefire and Geissele are the same product.  Pretty sure Geissele makes for Surefire.  A must have.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:25:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Surprised nobody has brought up the CF rods @ Capitol Armory...
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

The KBA Custom CF rods?  I use them all the time.  I like that the rod has a step where the diameter becomes slightly greater, so you can sit the rod on the crown of the barrel so you can use it vertically without the rod dropping all the way down into the barrel.  That means that diameter of the rod going through the can and out the endcap is slightly oversized, but I see that as just extra margin if it clears the side of the endcap.  I just wish they’d expand the line to other calibers like 9mm
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

these are tools you have to be pretty exactling.  I will go with SF / G
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 9:18:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The KBA Custom CF rods?  I use them all the time.  I like that the rod has a step where the diameter becomes slightly greater, so you can sit the rod on the crown of the barrel so you can use it vertically without the rod dropping all the way down into the barrel.  That means that diameter of the rod going through the can and out the endcap is slightly oversized, but I see that as just extra margin if it clears the side of the endcap.  I just wish they’d expand the line to other calibers like 9mm
View Quote

I’ve got one of these in 556.  Really like it.  I’ve got a Surefire/Geissele rod on 762.  I got from Surefire after getting my SOCOM 762 re-cored.  The steel 762 rod works fine but I honestly prefer the KBA CF rod.  The step is nice and I don’t have to worry about scratching anything.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 12:01:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I got my replacement 300 sps friday, and checked it with a 7.62 bore rod on my 700 in .308.

Out of alignment. Awesome.  Guess I get to figure out if the threads are off, the mount is out of spec or the can.  

After waiting on a replacement and going thru that hassle I won't shoot it unless it is perfectly centered.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Never ordered from McMaster, weird how they don’t tell ya shipping, I’m looking at 2 of the rods and did t want to get bit by shipping

How much are you guys seeing for shipping charges?
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top