Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2018 4:39:48 PM EDT
Are there any out there? ETA: I've got zero interest in .300BLK

(Now that Swiss Arms rifles will probably be prohibited again up here (so much for buying a CQB...thanks to The Shooting Edge and JR Cox!), I'm considering buying a current Gen. MCX)

Especially 6.5G
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Ha ha, no.  It is Sig after all.  They have a long and storied history of not following through with their promises.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 2:20:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ha ha, no.  It is Sig after all.  They have a long and storied history of not following through with their promises.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 9:20:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I really, really hope someone does start making them.
Sig really has something worth pursuing with the MCX and I hope they are looking to expand the supported calibers.

6.5G, 224 Valkyrie and even 6.8 SPC
We need @coregon to put the idea in someone's ear
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've heard.

My bad, by aftermarket, I meant "third-party aftermarket", not OEM.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 10:02:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I really, really hope someone does start making them.
Sig really has something worth pursuing with the MCX and I hope they are looking to expand the supported calibers.

6.5G, 224 Valkyrie and even 6.8 SPC
We need @coregon to put the idea in someone's ear
View Quote
Agreed

And I'm not a piston fanboy.
The MCX would be even cooler if:
1)the monolithic 12 o'clock rail were slightly longer
and/or
2)it didn't use a piston
and/or
3)it uses a long-stroke piston.

long-stroke because muh Swiss Arms
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I would be down for a 6.5g. Maybe even a 224v.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I’d like to see an match bolt/barrel combo in 18.5” 5,56 and 224V as well as the adjustable stock shown on the MCX-MR
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 6:17:31 AM EDT
[#8]
224V's parent case is 6.8SPC right?

Might as well offer 6.8 then too.

Does SIG currently make the MCX barrels in-house? (MCX-MR used a Bartlein barrel...Is the MCX-MR dead?)

Does the MCX's barrel have a separate barrel extension?
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 1:05:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm under the impression that the 762x39 kit is DOA, but 6.5G, 224V, 6.8SPC, ect conversions would be a tremendous selling point if Sig would jump in it.

You could carry 3 barrels for the weight of an extra upper. This shouldn't be overlooked.
Also if sig sold different grades of barrels that too would be huge.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm under the impression that the 762x39 kit is DOA, but 6.5G, 224V, 6.8SPC, ect conversions would be a tremendous selling point if Sig would jump in it.

You could carry 3 barrels for the weight of an extra upper. This shouldn't be overlooked.
Also if sig sold different grades of barrels that too would be huge.  
View Quote
Are current MCX barrels melonite?

Different grades as in standard (ie current OEM barrels) as well as stainless barrels?
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I was told by a Sig manager early on that barrels were made in house but as I’ve learned no two people at Sig seem to know the same things...

I hope the MCX MR isn’t dead. IMO it’s the single coolest thing I can think of in an AR platform. Bartlein barrel in 6.5... yep take my money.

Honestly though they need to release that stock. Very nice.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 1:33:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was told by a Sig manager early on that barrels were made in house but as I’ve learned no two people at Sig seem to know the same things...

I hope the MCX MR isn’t dead. IMO it’s the single coolest thing I can think of in an AR platform. Bartlein barrel in 6.5... yep take my money.

Honestly though they need to release that stock. Very nice.
View Quote
It seems like they're too busy.

Now that the P320 has been adopted as the new service pistol, I doubt Ron will be leaving anytime soon.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 1:45:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Bump
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 11:40:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Are current MCX barrels melonite?

Different grades as in standard (ie current OEM barrels) as well as stainless barrels?
View Quote
I believe they are melonite..

seems to me it would be in Sigs interest to open the platform up a bit and encourage others to make barrels for them.
Sig charges so much for the conversion kit, its cheaper to just buy a whole upper. The only advantage to doing the conversion kit process is weight, I can carry my MCX and a separate barrel in the same bag with almost no added weight.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I am just hoping they make a 9” 5.56 barrel again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top