Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2020 3:12:12 PM EDT
I am building an SBR AK. Essentially I'm converting a Saiga rifle into an AK104ish clone with a 12.5'' barrel for suppressor use.

I'm just about to pin on the new gas block. After this is complete, I need to extensively test fire it to make sure the rifle works in the new configuration. If that is successful, I intend to pull and depopulate the barrel, send it off for shortening and threading, and then submit SBR paperwork, and then reassemble once the stamp comes back.

My question is, if I submit the paperwork now and test firing goes poorly and I change my mind about trying to register it, can I get a refund if the stamp assuming I never follow through with shortening the barrel?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:21:24 PM EDT
[#1]
If you don’t build it you can get a refund. There is a time limit on it so hopefully someone knows what that is. Think it’s a year but I don’t know.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 10:40:15 PM EDT
[#3]
NVM Waylon beat me to it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Sincere question:

What is meant by "depopulate" a barrel?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:02:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Minshooter:
Sincere question:

What is meant by "depopulate" a barrel?
View Quote

Remove the components on it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:28:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Excellent. Got my fingerprint cards yesterday, and I get my ink tomorrow. Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top