BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:49:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is a great idea.  I really never considered just buying a new barrel for a 60 year old rifle.  When you find that big pile of new barrels for a .44 ruger or a .45 marlin, drop me a note please.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP, having read all the replies, I strongly suggest finding a new, correct-length barrel for your firearm.  Doing so will retain original value, and avoid NFA complications, and so be more saleable in the future.  Your OEM sights will work as intended, and you won't wind up with a NFA SBR that is a single-shot rifle, in dim light, due to blinding muzzle flash.  Not to mention jiggering custom sights for the SBR.

Good Luck!

That is a great idea.  I really never considered just buying a new barrel for a 60 year old rifle.  When you find that big pile of new barrels for a .44 ruger or a .45 marlin, drop me a note please.
Poster above, in this thread, posted link to site which might have used barrels for sale.

Please read the whole thread first, before making comments on other people's posts.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 12:03:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:  OP, having read all the replies, I strongly suggest finding a new, correct-length barrel for your firearm.  Doing so will retain original value, and avoid NFA complications, and so be more saleable in the future.  Your OEM sights will work as intended, and you won't wind up with a NFA SBR that is a single-shot rifle, in dim light, due to blinding muzzle flash.  Not to mention jiggering custom sights for the SBR.

Good Luck!
View Quote

Might just wait a few months & see how the politics shake out.  If you're going to pay $200 anyway, might as well be an SBR.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Just shoot it.

The bore obstruction didn't split the barrel, follow on shots are not going to do so.

If it shoots like crap, then consider the other options.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top