BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2018 1:00:16 PM EDT
I already posses

Two 3+ pinnacle PVS14’s with helmet
One AR10
One DBAL-A3

This setup was bought with an agreement with my wife so me and my buddy could do some hog hunting and camping.

Well parameters have changed. New work buddies inviting me out to start shooting yotes at ranges up to 200yds. I switched to my 20” .223 already with my DBAL.

But even with a 3x magnifier my DBALs lazer is blowing up at 100yds and they’d like me to be accurate up to 200.

Looking at the armasight WWZ 4x with maybe a big Illuminator. Is it worth it?

TLDR:

No money. Need shoot coyote at 150-200. How does armasight WWZ 4x do with a big Illuminator???
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump for help.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 9:09:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I am trying to understand that first post....after reading it 5 times I think I understand your situation but let me paraphrase:

You currently own 2 each of the following: PVS14 Gen 3, AR10, and DBAL.

You need gear to make shots out to 200yds.

I have zero experience with the Armasight you listed but it does not look very good. I believe you should be able to make hits with your PVS14 and dbal at 200 yds on a Coyote sized object, especially with a 3x magnifier. We used to make hits out to 600 yards on pop up ivans with our 14s and peqs. What optics are you running on the 223 you own?
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#3]
What about a Photon XT or RT with an illuminator?
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:24:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am trying to understand that first post....after reading it 5 times I think I understand your situation but let me paraphrase:

You currently own 2 each of the following: PVS14 Gen 3, AR10, and DBAL.

You need gear to make shots out to 200yds.

I have zero experience with the Armasight you listed but it does not look very good. I believe you should be able to make hits with your PVS14 and dbal at 200 yds on a Coyote sized object, especially with a 3x magnifier. We used to make hits out to 600 yards on pop up ivans with our 14s and peqs. What optics are you running on the 223 you own?
View Quote
Sorry sorry. Typing with thumbs on a 5 minute lunch break.

I have

2 PVS14s with helmets
1- ar10
1- DBAL-A3

Ain’t well off yet I just received an inheritance a few years back. Rest went into the market and needs to stay there.

New co-worker invites me out for free coyote hunting but I need to be able to make preferably 5” groups at 200yds.

Luckily I have a 5.56 20” barrel AR with a Nikon 12x and a free float picatinny.

I’m just trying to find an appropriate setup. I might be able to scrounge couple hundred $$$. But I’m not sure where to go.

I was looking at the armasight WWZ 4x maybe if I throw a good Illuminator on it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 6:28:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Two options here, sell a pvs 14 and buy a night vision scope. This I believe is the better solution.

The other option is mount the pvs14 behind the day scope. Far from ideal but it works and would be the cheapest solution of them all.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 9:48:09 AM EDT
[#6]
How about a 3X magnifier for one of the PVS14s behind a NV friendly red dot?

Wouldn't a LIF or 720NM filer on the PVS 14 objective lens work for a primary arms of holosun red dot work?
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 11:16:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about a 3X magnifier for one of the PVS14s behind a NV friendly red dot?

Wouldn't a LIF or 720NM filer on the PVS 14 objective lens work for a primary arms of holosun red dot work?
View Quote
Wouldn’t that magnify light directly into my tube?
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Have you had much practice shooting out to 200 with your current setup? Maybe you need more practice.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#9]
You can find older gen1 triple cascade scopes for about 500. Pvs2 being the most common, but most of the others being better.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 9:59:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Or you could buy an extra PVS 4 that I have for $800 !  
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 10:50:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got a .WWZ.  it does well with an illuminator on a dark night and you can see pretty well with no illuminator on a full moon. The only deal with 200 yard shots are the crosshairs are kinda large.  Also it seems to have a lot of parallex error.  I use a laser with mine and it helped tremendously.  I've shot some pretty tight 5 shot groups at 100 yards using the laser and the crosshairs together. There is no bloom or Halo with the Gen I scope.  The laser with the PVS14 gen 3 looks a thousand times more intense.  Can definitely aim more precisely with the laser and Gen 1 scope. The main drawback is the size and weight of it. It's a beast. Weighs 3.2 lbs.  And is huge. I've killed a bunch of beavers with it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 2:30:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I think I’m going to try a riser PVS14 with my 3x magnifier and mount the DBAL A3 on my receiver.

I was getting 2MOA at 100yds on Friday. Decent considering my DBAL is one. Free float rail and I was using a 3x headmounted pvs14.

I’ll scan head mounted and have a 3x by mounted on a riser with my DBAL on the upper receiver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top