Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2021 9:31:11 PM EDT
What is everyone running and why? I'm in the market for a new admin pouch. I know it seems insignificant to most folks, but I like to weigh my options and make informed decisions. Thanks!

Mostly gonna hold spare batteries, a map reading flashlight, Compass, Folding knife, notebook and writing utensils, maybe a map, possibly firemaking stuff, maybe some other comfort items/bandaids and boo-boo stuff... etc.

The rig I'm outfitting is a Velocity LEPC With the Molle Cummerbund setup... Velocity Mag holder kangaroo insert, a Velocity 3-mag placard, and a couple G-Code pouches/Dangler.

PS. I'm also looking for hydration ideas to incorporate into my setup as well... eyeballing a couple different Source Tactical solutions.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:08:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the Tactical Tailor fight lite admin pouch. If you plan on using it for maps and navigation you will have to fold the map down pretty small.   The Zulu admin pouch is enormous but would be better for land nav. For hydration I use a surplus USMC carrier. It is just a bag with a flap and plastic buckle. It is low profile in case I am wearing a pack. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:30:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you talking about a GP pouch for your cummerbund, or a no shit above-the-mags admin pouch on your chest? Either way, I'd highly recommend figuring out every bit of the above mentioned gear that you can stick in your pack, and remove it from consideration for your carrier. Personally I use a T3 admin pouch. It's relatively small, holds little things I don't want to lose like weapons cards, a folded up 9-line card, a sharpie, and a grease pen, plus it has a pouch that's perfect for a gerber or leatherman integrated below the flap. Anything bigger and I find it impedes drawing out my rifle mags.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Ideally, it would be low profile and above my mags, on the chest. Alternatively, it could be moved to my pack (if I'm wearing one that day) I suppose. I do want to try and keep my PC as slick as I can. Now I'm rethinking some of my approach I guess. I do appreciate the responses... and any others as well.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I used to have that admin pouch you posted on the chest of my PC. Eventually ditched it because I favor carrying the smallest amount of stuff possible on my PC.

I wear a 6094A for work and go with a LBT GRG pouch on my chest (basically lays flat and adds maybe 1/4” to the original MOLLE) and a Tyr admin pouch on my support side cummerbund. GRG pouch with the inserts is where I keep airspace/freq/call sign info and I just tuck a Staedtler marker down at the bottom for notes.

The admin pouch on the cummerbund has the flashlight pocket so I keep a multi tool or handheld light in there and then a small notebook, pencil, and some laminated cards with 9-lines, comm cards, and other memory stuff in there.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Tactical Tailor Fight Lite  E and E horizontal pouch works well and is just a tad smaller than their Admin Pouch.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a tt vertical pouch on my cummerbund
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:31:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Good suggestions... I'm looking hard at those TT pouches... I might try wearing it on the cumberbund. I love the idea of keeping my front slick as possible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top